Home studio upgrade decisions, advice sought!

My existing set-up is an Allen & Heath Zed 16, which is theoretically an analogue mixing desk, with built in AD convertors to USB, into the DAW software. That came with LE…and was my entry point…LE was later upgraded to Elements…

For my needs (home studio, singer songwriter) it was a great entry solution and having a ‘desk’ for inputs meant that I could at least “pre-cable” my various mics/guitar(s)/bass/stereo-ins etc (and have a bit of front end EQ ability), rather than faff around (or wear out) the input sockets on a traditional 2 in 2 out AD convertor. I do all processing/mixing in Cubase

Now I want to 10.5 pro and the only upgrade from Elements is a whopping £405 via Steinberg. Straight purchase being best part of £500.

Like most of us that search for value for money, from what I can tell these are the following 2 best options:

a) buy a bundle consisting of a UR22C interface (comes with AI) and a Pro 10.5 upgrade (from AI), that I have seen at £385. Retaining the Allen & Heath desk, but outputted (via analogue) to the UR22C…(arguably the UR22C AD convertors should be better than the Allen Heath).

b) buy a bundle consisting of UR22C interface (comes with AI), ST-M01 Microphone, ST-HO1 Studio Monitor Headphones and a Pro 10.5 upgrade (from AI) that I have seen for £445. Again, retaining the Allen & Heath desk, but outputted (via analogue) to the UR22C…(arguably the UR22C AD convertors should be better than the Allen Heath).

Thoughts anyone??? I have no real need for the mic/headphones and maybe the UR22 either, but at least I feel that “I’ve gained something” over the very annoying straight upgrade cost!!!

p.s. I really cant help think that an Elements upgrade at £405 is a bit of pi## take, when you can upgrade from AI (a lesser product) for £229…