Honest answer about metronome? Steinberg?

I just visited the Nuendo forum just now and see that the metronome in the latest Nuendo is not working very well by some accounts. This is disheartening! Has Steinberg lost a program writer? How can it be that the metronome functions in Cubase and Nuendo are so error prone when before they were running fine? It doesn’t make any sense to me at this point.

I actually pulled up C5 and ran/put the metronome thru it’s paces. Man, it was a pleasurable experience!

Q: Since the last quick fix did not work, is Steinberg looking to 6.04 for a real fix? Should all of us here just revert to 6.02 if we want a metronome?? :confused:

OK, back to say that I removed 6.0.3 and have reinstalled 6.0.2 as many here have already done. I suddenly feel all warm and fuzzy again…

And Steinberg, since you are on the hook to fix the metronome anyway, would it be too much to ask if you could alter the ‘Beeps’ so that they produce a FORWARD pulse on my monitors? If not for this reverse feature I would use the factory beat supplied and not feel inclined to make my own.

Metronome’s been dodgy for at least a decade depending on version. Best to make your own off a drum track.

What’s the problem with it?

As a beep it works fine but there are options for putting custom midi samples in instead. Sometimes this can fail. Seems to be unpredictable depending on version or system. Some have it, some don’t. Some, like me, get it now and again. Not a big deal personally but has been there for some time.

No it doesn’t (always).

Ah! Should’ve said “for me”. Mea culpa.

It´s phase reversed… :mrgreen: