Hope Springs Eternal (Vols 1 and 2) - NOW WITH SALES FIGURES

I worked my photoshop fingers to the bone last night :laughing: , so I’d rather not lose that effort, but if the majority feel they want to be unified under one image, then that’s okay too. If I had to choose, I’d stick to our individual efforts.

The Red Cross is indeed the receiving organization.

I will start researching whether the AMR meets our needs (I doubt it) and if not what other organizations are available that meet the criteria I have listed on the Facebook page.

You know what working your fingers to the bone will get you, don’t you?

Bony fingers! :mrgreen:

Better than bony fish! :laughing:

Assuming Dylan gets my message in the next day or two, we have 15 tracks. I’d like to release 2 sets of 8 tracks so we need one more. If Dylan - who seems be AWOL the last week - doesn’t respond, we’ll need a second track.

I’m sure some of the current contributors could toss in a second track, but I am trying to give as many people a chance to be a part of this as possible. Is anyone else interested in this?

Dave Keir stepped up and is offering one of his tracks. Thanks Dave!

Any new ETA?

Not sure how I submit a track but I’ve used PM as stated at the start of this thread.

Robin: I spoke with Tom and he feels that 11/23 should be doable for at least the first 8 tracks, but I’m guessing that there is a decent chance all 16 tracks will be done.

Wode: I replied via PM.

Tom and I spoke also about the number of tracks to be released. Since he is a studio owner who is volunteering time to do any necessary post-production work (e.g. ensuring consistent EQ across the entire set of tracks), we decided to limit the track count to 16. We have 14 of the 17 commits uploaded but I have been unable to reach Dylan so the 17th will replace his unless he does reach out to me in the next few days.

Todd Mills (owner of HomeGrownRadioNJ.com, an Internet-based radio station) and I have started to work out the concrete details of his on-air assistance. As soon as I get a date/time for an on-air interview I’ll be sure to let you all know so that you can hear how badly I screw it up. :mrgreen:

Also, an absolutely phenomenal local photographer jumped on the chance to help us out by helping devise a suitable cover for “volume 1” and “volume 2” of the compilations. His work is amazing, and I’m quite excited that he immediately responded last night when I reached out to him.

I’m working on a track art for my song, I didn’t forget yet :wink:. Still waiting on feedback on my proposal from the singer.
Same with the track info, he still has to send me the lyrics.

I went to Charity Navigator and found All Hands Volunteers.

All Hands Volunteers provides hands-on assistance to survivors of natural disasters around the world, with maximum impact and minimum bureaucracy. By supporting volunteers with housing, meals, tools, and organized work at no charge we are able to provide free and effective response services to communities in need. Our programs are directed by the needs of each community in which we work, ensuring a timely, relevant, and culturally sensitive response.

They have an overhead of only 19%, full financial transparency, and a personal favorite: none of the salaries of the 3 officers exceeds USD$50,000. (The other ones that had high ratings on Charity Navigator had officer(s) with 6 figure salaries.)

Plus they do not seem to be affiliated with any religious work, which I know is big with this crowd.

I have sent an email to the head of the organization to find out if the funds we collect can be designated to be used for Sandy victims only. As soon as I find out I will post here.

Sounds promising… keep up the good work Larry! :smiley:

DaveKeir, wodehouse, and Dylan: please contact me ASAP if you are still planning on contributing tracks.

DING DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNAH!

Hi Larry,

I apologize for David not getting back to you, as you can probably imagine when a disaster hits things get a bit hectic and his email inbox gets flooded. My other colleague passed your request over your question to me about the restriction of funds. Yes, we can designate the donations your album produces to our Superstorm Sandy response fund, and are happy that you found our organization worth of your support.

I do not know how you plan on send us the donation(s), but in which ever way you do please put a reminder note with it, that states its for the Superstorm Sandy fund so we can process it correctly for you.

Also I’ll be looking forward to track when you release them next week, and have liked you on facebook so we can stay updated.

If you have any other questions please reach out to me directly.

Cheers,

Terri

:sunglasses:

How much did the Haiti effort raise?

About USD$100. Peanuts.

Biggest problem: lack of media coverage. Lack of support by the charity we selected. Etc.

That’s why I immediately created a Facebook page and asked everyone here to find it, Like it, and promote it to your friends. That’s why I reached out to a friend who owns a radio station (an Internet radio station, but still one with a decent listener base) to get his support via an on-air interview and play time for the songs.

I’m still trying to do more, but (in my estimation) we are already far ahead of where we were last time.

What are the specifics of the current charity? What percentage actually makes it to the people in need as opposed to admin. costs?

Check out the links I already posted. They claim their overhead is 18%. http://hands.org