Hoping to see a New Controller from Steinberg

I actually like the CMC concept. Modular, inexpensive, functional, small footprint etc …

At least I can try a couple out to see if I like them without spending stacks of cash. I’m still hesitant to buy steinberg hardware, but I’ve decided to get the TP and CH. So, from my chair, they hit the target just right. If they had created another “Houston” at the $1k to $4k , there would be virtually no chance I would buy it.

I was going to get a couple Eucon modules until the fader noise issues and cracking facade issues became wide spread. Now I’m glad I waited.

How do you know that these are inexpensive, I have not seen any price information yet

If you know pricing info, share it with us :slight_smile:

I bought the TP and CH for $150 each. AudioMidi also has a rebate if you buy multiples.

Report back PLEASE!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I read someplace that the controllers can withstand a 2-story fall onto asphalt then get driven over by a unicycle. I would like to know if this is true.

I guarantee that if the controllers totally suck, your suggested test will be performed in short order. I’ll let you know the result if that is the case.

I thought to buy the NUCLEUS and I´m still thinking to do it. I think CMC is a good idea for beginners but I´m looking for another device like NUCLEUS or even C24.

Do you think Steinberg will develop a more professional compact console?

I miss the FADERS in CMC-FD, also some PAN and Insert control above and overall some display names for them.

I think Steinberg made a good job but its not enough for a little bit advanced user.

Allow me to throw some cold water into your hot blood here.

I did something like this some years ago… buying a novation keyboard with a lot of buttons that can control cubase and plugins.
Automap 2, then 3 and now soon 4.0
With this software you CAN control just about anything in Cubase + any plugin you desire
Do I use it?
Nah, not at all. I use the keyboard and it is very good to play, and the exp input as a SW wah wah pedal, hehe
For control; mouse and keyboard is king. Take it from another idiot that went into the trap of wanting something tactile.
It simply is not better.

Kim :ugeek:

I agree for the most part. For example, I am a hotkey junky. I rarely use the mouse for things like transport control or track manipulation. However, I do think that real time knobs on things like eq and vsti are easier than trying to use the mouse. Just my 2cents.

Why Steinberg and Yamaha does´n do LCDs on their Controllers?
I have a Mackie MCU Pro for the faders and a BCR 2000 for Channel EQ/Control Room/Sends and Transport/Zoom.
The BCR 2000 is integrated in Generic Remote.
In Generic Remote i have some extra Pages in GR for my favorite insert plugins (UAD Cambridge EQ, Studio EQ , etc)

I can´t understand how they made a Fader Control Unit without LCD naming for the channelnames.

I can´t understand how they made a Fader Control Unit without LCD naming for the channelnames.

+1

I think they think it is enough when you see a group of 4 faderchannels marked white to see which 4 channel pairs are active, however, when reaching for your faders it’s logical that your eyes are on your fader (isn’t it?) en thus seeing the channel-names would make it easier, this is the reason that I still think that the concept of de CC121 is great and enough.