Horizontal position of dynamics

I would expect that Dorico places dynamics horizontal centered to the note head. But in the attached example this is not the case. Most notably is the effect with eight notes, the p symbols are obviously not placed in the center. How to change this without tweaking in engrave mode?

I actually think, that the p is centered, if you look from the leftmost point at the bottom of the “p” to the rightmost point. The problem is, that it doesn’t look centered, because one compares the “o” of the “p” with the notehead.

But compare the illustrations on:
https://w3c.github.io/smufl/gitbook/specification/aligning-dynamics.html

I think these dynamics are better centered.

Kindly also see this thread: Horizontal alignment of dynamics - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Dorico is not currently using the correct optical centre points defined in the SMuFL metadata. This will be addressed in due course.

Was this solved? I notice that it isn’t doing it for me after selecting the option:

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 9.05.25 PM

Am I missing something?

Dorico is still not using the specific anchor points defined in the SMuFL font metadata for the horizontal positioning of dynamics. At the time of writing, when you specify centre-alignment the dynamic will be centred according to the width of the glyph itself, not according to the anchor point defined in the font metadata.