Horizontal positioning of dynamics

Is there a setting that allows the default horizontal position of the ff/f/mf etc. type of dynamic to be set a tad further to the left? The only two settings I could find give a choice between center of dynamic to center of note, and left side of dynamic to left side of note.

The leftmost placement of the two is the first; however, I (and more importantly my publisher) would like the default to be even a little further left. Ideally, there would be the same adjustability of spaces that are prevalent in so many other Engraving Options.

Thanks.

This is something that has already been discussed a while ago (november or december), and I still often find that those dynamics could be nudged to the left too. I guess we are not alone in this, Lew :wink:

I’d appreciate such a setting too.
In the meantime it’s relatively quick to make a block selection, filter dynamics, deselect hairpins etc. and enter a small negative value for the start offset property. I do that before I make any other adjustments to dynamic positions.

The discussion I started is here: viewtopic.php?f=246&t=105411

Thank you, Jode.
I did not remember Daniel’s answer. I hope we will not have to wait for too long to see that option (dynamic optical center centered with the left edge of the note head) appear in our Engraving options !

I will see about us adding this for the next update, but I can’t promise it.

Thanks, Daniel - appreciate it.

Yes, please! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

David