Hot tip (Robin can confirm?), I'm pretty sure graphical state has an impact on for example, level of click repair

Still testing this out,

but I’m pretty sure, and if you’re new to the program this useful to know, because some of the editing processes are pixel based - for example, click repair/reduction - how you are zoomed in and to what FFT size you are using, will impact what the algorithms grab.

I have been experimenting with great success doing the same Click Repair process at different Zoom/FFT settings and it seems to grab different clicks.

Indeed - the documentation will be clarified with patch 2 to emphasize the importance of the FFT Size parameter.
Also coming with patch 2, a more efficient Click Repair algorithm :slight_smile:

a 30 minute job became a 30 second job…

It gets better? :smiley:

Thanks for (finding.!) pointing this out @lovegames - good catch…

is it only FFT that has an impact?

another quirk is because you might have to push the FFT so the algo grabs more clicks in the high frequencies, you might want to split your work in half - doing the high frequencies first within a selection, and then reversing the FFT size to do the lower half of frequencies within a selection

Mainly FFT Size.
The Resolution parameter also has a small influence (just make sure it’s set to at least x2), but not as much as FFT Size.

thanks good to know

that i didn’t know, but is most of the times at x2. so it has, small, influence…

Yes, mostly an influence for time critical processes, for instance Reverb Reduction or Click Repair - but again, still a minor influence compared to FFT Size itself.