Houston no longer on list of devices in Studio Setup

alot is about to change with control protocols, MIDI 2.0, new MIDI dev API, etc, etc. Doesn’t make sense to spend a lot of man hours to re-integrate and legacy code something in that hasn’t had official support since Windows XP (that’s vista, win7, and win8 between XP and win10).

but who knows, maybe someone can hack it.

I really should have checked this before upgrading to C11. I assumed that since it worked with 10.5 it would carryover. Well, since we know what happens when you assume…

1 Like

Unfortunately the Alphatrack hasn’t been compatible with Cubase on mac for years. Mine is just a relic gathering dust. Such a pity.

it seems that yesterday Steinberg would have announced that he would resume the support of Houston controller. to be continued

1 Like

Said Steinberg’s marketing person…

And I had been thinking lately of getting a used Houston.

Timo stated in the Nuendo 11 forum yesterday in response to my query that it will be reinstated, just a matter of checking with the developers as to when.
The Houston was developed by Soundcraft, by the way, and should never have been discontinued. Updated, perhaps, but its integration in both Cubase and Nuendo is unparalleled at the original price point (I paid $1800.00 CDN for mine in 2002), and though the USB MIDI interface did not make it through to the 64bit platform, the standard MIDI I/O continues to work to this day in Windows 10.
Another thing, too, the faders are accurate, matching physically to the mixer in Nuendo and Cubase, which can’t be said about others in its league.
Anyway, Timo says its coming back and that is great news. Shouldn’t have been dropped in the first place.

7 Likes

Steinberg promised - and delivered: the Houston functionality is back with the Nuendo 11.0.10 Update.
Thank you to the Steinberg Team, highly appreciated :)!

1 Like

So does that mean it will now work with Cubase11 pro on Mac?

Hi. Good news for Nuendo users.

I have two more questions in March 2022 please

1. Will it work with Cubase Pro 12?
  2. Will it work with Cubase Pro 11?

Thanks!