how are the intern EQs ???

The one thing I really miss in the channel EQ that I’d love added in C7 is an active display of the frequency spectrum of the channel so you can more quickly find and fix problems. Like Fabfiler’s EQ.

There’s 3 points that miss for the internal EQ:

• free routing
  • presets should use the same vstpresets as the vst plugins
  • ability to copy presets directly for other channels

since the release I use this EQ in cubase very often.
the large graphical window is very clear and useful. Love it.
what affects the sound some say that the cubase channel eq sound similar sonnox oxford.
this cubase eq should even be phase-locked (somewhere there was a topic about this?)
sound-wise I prefer the cubase eq´s absolutely over logic´s (very bad sound) or pro tools (quite ok, more bands and settings).

BTW…
as a personal testing situation:
one of the last album productions I have only used the cubase on stock plugins for recording and mixing - and it worked absolutely great. Interesting.

There are so many nice and useful cubase plugins like IR-Reverence, channel EQs, Delays, Phaser (great “analog” sound), Vintage Compressor, Amps…
all these are basic effects (!) and needed in mixing situations in studios for decades (!) and they are all included in cubase.
Envelope Shaper, ModMachine, Tonic…and many more, are also very good plugins.
(e.g. the old “Quadrafuzz” is one of the best plugin for sounddesign, I use it a lot!)
Many ot them have very few parameters, they color the sound hardly - but they fulfill their purpose completely.

Note:
I miss exchange of presets between internal channel eq and studio eq (!!)
(…and - of course - a reset button, a-b comparison button, copy/paste button, and…more bands)

Nevertheless you should rely on your ears and do not always trust your eyes!
(old sound engineer saying)
:wink:

First of all you eat with the eyes… (old chefs saying :mrgreen: )

first of all you eat the eyes… (Hannibal Lecters saying) :mrgreen:

I do wish we could chat longer, but… I’m having an old friend for dinner :laughing:

Exactly.

It’s popluar to snub anything that doesn’t cost a lot of extra money, even if it works pretty well. Cubase’s channel EQ is a pretty good tool for basic sound adjustments, and it’ll even get kind of funky if you push the Q pretty high (especially on the shelves). It’s not what you’d call a “color” EQ, but for “-3dB at 1.5k” sort of stuff, it’s fine.

the main thing is he has brought the spices. :laughing:

There’s just something nice about being able to pull up the large mixer and seeing all of your EQ.

Someone just get out of a time machine? :mrgreen:

Doc’s retired. He’s just plain Mr Who nowadays. :laughing: