how can I add silence at the start of a tune?

Hi,

I usually start my projects right at bar one, but then later when exporting an audio mix-down I like to have 2 or 3 seconds of silence on the track before the tune starts.

Now I do know that I can select a range and choose the option add silence which works, but the problem with that is that this shift’s my whole tune on the ‘meter track’ , normally this would not be a problem, but I have changing meters in most of my tunes, so then all of a sudden the bars don’t align with the takes anymore.

Therefore I was wondering if there is any other way of inserting a few seconds of silence to an audio mix-down?

Thanks,
Lars

Hi, Santuzzo.
I didn’t quite understand what you mean by “meter track”, but no matter whether it is a ruler, tempo or signature track, just change the bar offset in the project setup window to anything other than zero. That should do it.

As el-russo says, or use “process bars” instead of “insert silence”. To make the meter changes shift also.

I always have left locator on bar 2 while recording then, on mixdown, on bar 1.4 so there is always silence before.

cheers

trito

Thank you guys very much! :slight_smile:

@el-russo: yes, sorry, by ‘meter track’ I meant the signature track (the ‘ruler’ on top of the tracks).