How can i get a Distortion Better than QuadraFuzz V1 ?

OF course and I don’t do it, it was just to help people who really need their old cubase plugins that won’t run in Jbridge.

Would be better if steinberg released them as 64bit or a version that would run in jbridge.

Agreed, I don;t see why Steinberg will not port all these plugs to 64 bit - it would probably be an afternoon’s work for a half decent programmer - depending on the code it might just be a case of recompiling them and doing nothing.

glad i saw this , take a bow sir ,back of the net. ha ha ha ha :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: guess that means i `m happy. hello again me old sx3 plugins nice to see you again ,yer looking well. ha ha

i guess this should be pasted up in the blacklist sticky thread . :laughing:

think i may give the next few updates a miss till the dust settles :laughing:

I will be happy to test a new update for C9 when it comes, to see if this hack still works. Since I don’t need the hack I can test it without risk. Just send me a PM when needed.

cheers man your a gent .off to learn how to use C9 now ,about time . thanks

this should be a lesson for people dont underestimate the power of simple things, if it aint broke dont fix it and they got it right the first time round and all that blah

Plug in boutique are flogging Izotope Trash2 for a bargain £23. Trash 2 has dozens of distortion models and is a giveaway at this price.

Just try different ones… There so many types of distortion it’s hard to pin down I guess until you really know exactly what kind of distortion is indeed better.

If you got a spare input and output, try different guitar overdrive/distortion pedals and use it in parallel.

This works for the time being, but it may not later on as outdated components might cause crashes due to those components not having the correct version number or cause unexpected misbehaviour (projects not opening or crashing during load, etc.)

So, it is possible to do it, but it is completely unsupported - in a nutshell: you can do it at your own risk, no support can be provided under these circumstances.

Of course Fabio! I don’t need it cause I am lucky enough that all my needed plugins are either 64 bit or run in Jbridge. Isn’t there anything Steinberg can do regarding the old SX(?) plugins that won’t run in jbridge cause they are tied to Cubase? From reading here it seems it are only a few that people miss.
Cheers!
Vincent

Yep, read it elsewhere that you are all 64-bit already, if I’m not mistaken.

Older plug-ins are developed on obsolete standards, libraries and frameworks, meaning they would need to be re-written entirely - this could not even be done for plug-ins developed by 3rd-parties for which Steinberg does not hold any copyright (e.g. Virtual Guitarist). Besides that, SX plug-ins were meant to be phased out during the 10 years life-span of VSTBridge… frankly, I don’t see them coming back, sorry.

Hi there,

Thank you everyone for your input.

Maybe as an easy alternative and best solution, the Knee and Input volume Controls could be just added to QuadraFuzz V2

That is what makes all the difference, compared to V1 and why right now V2 sounds “nearly as good” as V1

So since the Code is Already Ported for QuadraFuzz V2, it may be pretty easy job to just add the missing controls?

( if you replicate any presets parameter by parameter, you can hear it is only up to the fact that the Knee (+inputvol) control is missing, the Algorithm for the Sound is Identical in V2 and V1 when you select the right distortion mode )

To answer the OP, I also really like Fab Filter Saturn for the multiband thing. Trash 2 works (but you can not bounce down izotope automation-there is a bug on izotopes part). I think it is good to have several different distortions and filters. For example I really like some of the sounds of Trash 2, but I always want some clean light low-pass filtering with it for my tastes.

Forgive me; going slightly off-topic…

My understanding is that the recent (excellent.!) QuadraFuzz v2 release is complete new code written by SB engineers, from the ground up - there is no ‘code ported’ from v1.

I don’t believe QuadraFuzz v1 was even Steinbergs own - correct me, but I think it was coded/written (and is therefore still owned) by Craig Anderton. It’s quite clear there, with ‘Craig Anderton’ written over the front of the UI for example.!

So, no ‘pretty easy job’ to add the missing controls - they would have to start from scratch to first build the controls, then add the code into the guts of the current QF v2 framework; that sounds like a major overhaul to me… :wink:

ReverbA is a very good reverb it reminds me of a spring reverb you find in guitar amps ,none of the cubase current stock reverbs sound like this and i did try find that sound with them but couldn`t .

Further to Puma’s “Off-topic” reply regarding Craig Andertons’ Quadrafuzz v1 and if the advertising is to be believed the closest reproduction can be found in MOTU’s MultiFuzz which comes as a plug-in with Digital Performer 9. Since I don’t have DP9 and there doesn’t seem to be a standalone version of the plug-in I can’t comment further.

so, if im right:
“VstBridgeApp.exe”
“VstPlugManager.dll”
will run only when i load any 32x plugin?

When i running un-modified Cubase 9 “VstBridgeApp.exe & VstPlugManager.dll” doesen’t run, right ?

p.s. i want to udnerstand does it will broke stability of C9 or it depends only from Plugin