How can I have large TS for instrument groups, but small TS for single harp, piano and celesta instruments?

I would like to use large Time signatures for the strings, brass and winds, but not for instruments like piano, harp and delete. However because a large TS chooses the brackets as its position, these key instruments get them as well. See screenshot. Is there are way to have those instruments small TS?

I don’t think you can mix different sizes for TS…

In that case it’s probably the best to have them all small. Or give all the key instruments a single bracket, but that would not look good, because they would also share the barline.

There are various settings for this in Layout Options and Engraving Options… You can e.g. set the scaling option for single staves to 1, which will give you normal TSs for piano, harp etc. provided you don’t go for the narrowest styles in Layout Options. You cannot mix styles though, so either way, you may be in for a compromise or two, but you can get pretty close I think…You also have the option to treat everything between brass and strings as one group. This is not what you asked for, but it will give the score a more uniform look… without affecting the grouping/bracketing or the barlines, and without affecting the parts…

How do I use them as one group without giving them a shared bar line or bracket?

Engraving Options…