How can I REALLY get my suggestions to the developers?

I have some thoughts about Cubase and some things I would like to see in the program, especially since purchasing the Cubase 7 upgrade.

I have owned Cubase since 1992.

Is it naive of me to think that my suggestions would really be read by someone in charge of planned feature updates?

If there is a hope of getting my thoughts to someone, how could I do that?

Tried the Features Requests forum?

Where is that at? In the program or on this forum…or on their support page?

But do they REALLY read them?

Curious.

In my experience (as someone who’s used Cubase since 1993, and has been working with it full time since '97)…

No.

You’re right. I’ve done a lot of Beta testing for NI and Apple. Even reporting genuine bugs (other than posting here) is almost impossible with Steiny. Even talking to Yamaha OC makes me want to pull my hair out sometime. It takes a lot of back and forth until they finally get with the program and state ‘I will report to Steinberg developers’…

I think Steinberg is in real need to revamp their Beta team and process. With the oversights it feels these guys are not ‘real’ cubase users. The state of C7 is not really acceptable from that POV. I think C6 was the tightest version so far…

If you post them in Feature Requests and Suggestions they will be read by Steinberg staff. Though, as with any corporation and business, just because you wrote something in there, does not constitute Cubase being changed. So often in a forum, some feature or suggestion is being argued, and never implemented because 45% says “left” and the other half or less says “right”, and a small portion of individuals that either don’t care or just like to b’n’m over either side.

So in answer to your question whether they REALLY read them? Sure they do.

And if you never suggest, changes will occur only how Steinberg sees the world.

Aloha s,

IMHO
to truly get any company’s attention, the first line of your message should read:

Dear Steiny,
‘Here is a way for you to make even more $$$$ with Cubase’!

And then you tell them your idea.
{‘-’}

That’s the crux of it. Some people think that listening = compliance. (That’s gonna ruffle some feathers…)

And they do accept bug reports both from support and these forums. I have several if not most accepted. Just follow the guidelines (Steinberg Forums) and don’t expect it to leap to the top of the list.

But if you just witter on about how crap it all is then you will (deservedly in my opinion) get nowhere.

:smiley:

Amen to that.

The problem is that I’ve felt this way since '98 or so, when I made a real effort to report bugs and so on. Granted things have changed in terms of reporting, but the corporate attitude seems much the same as it has been since, well, forever. They know best, and don’t need anyone’s help. It’s a poor closed-shop mentality, and is a corporate mentality that’s 20 years out of date (and didn’t make sense even then, let alone now). Look how well the Houston and many other projects went. If they’d been properly tested by enthusiastic users who test out all their own (idiosyncratic) nooks and crannies and then those issues fixed before release, everyone would benefit.

No doubt this will get two kinds of reply:

“Why don’t you f*** off then, and change sequencers” - Reason being that I’ve used it forever, and having tried various alternatives, I don’t like them as much as Cubase.

“Keep your mouth shut, think yourself happy with what you have”. Balderdash! I can’t believe how people behave - it’s us that pay Steinberg (and more regularly now than ever), not the other way round. And, if the issues reported were fixed, it would be better, sell better and cause less grief.

C7 was clearly a work in progress when released, but some of the issues with it are bugs, and others seem to be poor design. Either way, it has a lot of potential, but at the moment the Mix Console looks like a bad java app rather than the most important window on a pro piece of software. But trying to get this point across is like trying to persuade an Atheist that God exists - the other side doesn’t see it that way, and that’s that.