How can i set multiple keyswitches for so many articulations

Hi,
I’m setting an Expression Map for Trompet leg-1 from Broadway Big Band.

This instrument has 48 available articulations, it sounds great and it really needs

a complete Expression Map, but is it possible to combine keys as there are not 48

keys left outside the trompet range?

What I’ve already set: 1 keyswitch with 2 or 3 articulations

What I wanna do is e.g. : 2 (or even 3) keys to make 1 articulation.

Any help will be much appreciated ! :wink:

Thanks !
Edmond

That isn’t possible, unfortunately. (one difficulty that springs to mind immediately is, unless you pressed all three keys down absolutely simultaneously, how could Cubase know that, having pressed, say, two keys, that there was yet a third to follow, before transmitting the articulation?).
However, the situation you describe is surely a problem whether using VST expression or not, especially if in realtime. From where is Big Band expecting to receive up to 48 articulation commands? I can only guess it would be from a second keyboard (or controller buttons)

But, if you don’t need to transmit articulations from your keyboard to the instrument in realtime (i.e. you would just insert them in the Key~ or Score Editor), then you don’t have to define any incoming trigger note in the VST map, and you can create as many as you wish (well, up to 128, I think :wink: )

“But, if you don’t need to transmit articulations from your keyboard to the instrument in realtime (i.e. you would just insert them in the Key~ or Score Editor), then you don’t have to define any incoming trigger note in the VST map, and you can create as many as you wish (well, up to 128, I think )”

Hi Vic,
Thanks for your helping. This trumpet has the biggest amount of articulations but the other instruments have a lot of too :wink:

I don’ t understand what you’re saying above: 'you can create as many as you wish, up to 128 ’
Do you mean no map but instead a staff with the keyswitches I need? That’s what I did before VST Expression,
but as I always have around ten staves it becomes rapidly unreadable… :cry:

No, I did indeed mean, create a Map, but don’t bother assigning incoming notes (in the center section). So long as you have completed all the rest (assigning an articulation to one of the slot’s four groups, etc), it will appear in the Key Editor/ Score Editor.