How can I use "Voice" in the "Event Colors Menu"

Hi,

Can anyone explain how “Voice” in the “Event Colors Menu” works?

All what I found in the guide is this :
Voice: The note events get different colors depending on their voice (soprano, alto, tenor, etc.).”

No further explanation of how to do it !!

Hi,

And this is exactly, what is does. In the Info Line of the Key Editor, you can set specific Voice to every single MIDI Note. Then when you choose the Voice option in the Event Colors Menu, every single Voice will show own color.

1 Like

Thank you Martin, That’s what I was looking for.

Hello,
Old post but…
Once the voice are colored, is it possible to extract each one in individual tracks ?

Thanks

Easiest way would be to duplicate the Track for each Voice & then delete the Notes for the Voices you don’t want on that Track. The MIDI Logical Editor could be used to delete the Voices. For SATB you’d need 4 Presets. Put it all in a Macro.

I should note this has nothing to do with the Note Color setting and only uses the Voice field for the Notes.

1 Like

Thanks Raino, I was thinking about it. I was hoping for an easiest way but probably not possible.

Well you can likely (I haven’t tested to know for sure) execute it with a single Key Command which is pretty easy.

1 Like

There is a one button function, but there are more prerequisites to meet.

1. If you use the score editor. And
  2. If you assign voices to a polyphonic staff (we’re not talking about the MIDI voices that we were talking about up to now, those that we assign from the key editor’s info line, we’re talking about the voices in the staff, 1, 2…, 7, 8.
  3. You can then use Scores → Functions → Extract Voices. All voices will be sent to their own track.

extract voices

1 Like

Thanks ggmanestraky.
Not my case (but I keep the global idea, some ideas with this concept for other project)

ans thanks Raino, I will test for sure.

1 Like