How do i alter size of recorded midi

i wanted to record some midi for a project but there was quit a few things running and i needed to get the buffer size down so that there was no delay while recording with a midi controller,so i decided to do a mix-down and open another project of the same song and i was now able to record midi without any asio buffer problems then i would ship the midi back into the original project once i was done .however i forgot that the original tempo was 130bpm and when i had finished recording and imported the midi back into the original project it did not line up correctly because i had recorded in the temporary project at the default 120bpm ,how do i resize or line the midi up in the right place. thanks

Put the track into musical timebase.

Or use the timestretch tool to resize the midi track.

thanks for your reply , how do i put a midi track into musical timebase.

By toggling the appropriate button.
You could try to use the effort it takes to google things like “the finger” to actually take a look i the manual…

ta but the time stretch tool didnt work right . i cant see why importing the midi back into the project should be a problem in the first place . cause it was played at the same physical speed .

i can`t see why importing the midi back into the project should be a problem in the first place . cause it was played at the same physical speed .

Put the tracks in musical timebase…import the audio…no problem.

thanks grim ,but it is midi i am importing

If your project is now at 130 bpm, check “ignore mastertrack events on merge” and re-import.

thanks for your reply ,“ignore mastertrack events on merge” was already checked in preferences .so i guess that isn`t working . i tried unchecking it .just out of interest , and it still did not work .but when i now applied the time stretch tool the results were not bad.

You need the tempo track enabled for this to work. Won´t work in “fixed tempo” mode.

ta,the plot thickens , do you mean enabled on the transport panel,it is already enabled and set to 130 bpm .will have to continue this tomorrow ,beer beckons. thanks.