How do I assign controller faders/knobs to CCs?

Wanted to say thanks to everyone for the info in the this thread, it’s good to have a discussion about the 3 different methods of remote control, with good description!!

Also, I use a Korg Nanocontrol2 and despite being cheap it’s actually a fine piece of kit, built well. I bought it for live Mainstage use, it being small and low profile, but right now it’s controlling click and control room volume next to the DAW. Very useful.

Mike.

I’m actually going to buy a Korg Nano Kontrol and Nano Key (possibly the new one’s that were shown at Namm to use in addition to my Fadermaster Pro. Although the faders will not be anywhere near as decent, it will allow me to assign room mic positions and various reverb sends through different libraries which is essential for hands on control when dealing with large templates and Sample Library Controls! Sample Modeling, For Example, has many controllable parameters that I want to be able to control. So yeah, the Nano stuff is a good call and for that price point can’t be sniffed at! :wink:

Oh I forgot. The NanoKey is perfect for assigning Key Switches. I won’t be buying it for any other reason as I imagine playing Piano on it will be bad haha

OK, thx. Under Studio Set-Up > Remote Devices > Generic Remote it shows an upper and a lower table, with Fader 1, Fader 2 etc.

How do I use these tables to add channel CC11 (Expression) to the incoming MIDI signal of the righthand joystick on my keyboard? The stick sends MIDI signals to Cubase, as the MIDI Activity bar lights up when I move it, so at least that works.

PS: my keyboard doesn’t allow changing the output channel of the joysticks, so all changes need to be done in Cubase.

Hi,

You cannot use this to remap incoming MIDI CC to another one. You can use this to remap it directly to any Cubase function.

To remap to other MIDI CC we use Input Transformer on the track. But this one is not part of Cubase Elements.