How do I assign the function buttons?

I have a CH, AI, and TP controller and they all have four function buttons. I assumed I could just bring up the key commands dialog in Cubase, put the cursor in teh Type in Key: field and press F1 (for example) and assign F1 to whatever key command I want. This doesn’t work.

So what do I do?

…no answers yet?
I’m not shure, if I’m prefectly right, because I use a german cb version:
Devices => configure devices, there you find the cmc with the possibility to assign every shortcut.

regards.max.

Yeah, almost right: “Devices => Device Setup” actually. Anyway, it’s on the manual (of course).

Paolo

Thanks. For some reason the only manuals on my PC are for the QC and PD which I don’t own. :-S

Manuals are on the DVD included with the CMCs. And here too: http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads_hardware/downloads_cmc0.html

Paolo

It’s actually kind of cool that you can use the Function buttons on the Computer with Different shortcuts than the Buttons.

It’s actually kind of cool that you can use the Function buttons on the Computer with Different shortcuts than the Buttons.

I think it would be utlimately stupid if they were the same…

I must admit the description might lead to those thoughts… F1 is ment “per input device” (controller, keyboard,…)

Ernst