How do I begin a Verse 2?

Hello!

I have a 4-part hymn. It was easy to begin and complete verse one. How do I begin a second verse? Nothing I try works.

Thanks for the help. D

Hit the down arrow to move to the next line:

http://steinberg.help/dorico/v1/en/dorico/topics/write_mode/write_mode_lyrics_adding_t.html

Thank you. I find it difficult to find things in Dorico help. If you don’t know the correct terminology it’s very difficult to get a successful search. And in the case of searching for “trim flow”, an item named “trim flow” does not appear. I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I find it much easier to have an instruction manual in front of me rather that get lost in hundreds of pages of screen text.

Now I have this issue: I started with a pick-up bar one beat (in 3/4). Now how do I delete the third beat in my final bar? Trim flow does not work. (I realize trim flow is for extra empty bars)

Is this the proper way to do it? . . . change the final bar time signature to 2/4, then hid e the time signature?

Now I have this issue: I started with a pick-up bar one beat (in 3/4). Now how do I delete the third beat in my final bar? Trim flow does not work. (I realize trim flow is for extra empty bars)

Insert final barline after second beat. That should do it.

Well that’s even easier!!! Thank you.

…but nowadays its not usual, to shorten the last bar, when an upbeat was written.

I also mentioned, that this would be right, but when I looked across the last
Bach-Edition, nowhere the last bar was shortened.

Only in short chorals it seems sometimes usual.

HG