How do I change tempo mid song?

I’m currently recording a song that has a tempo change halfway through (It starts on 132 BPM and then it turns into 153), but I haven’t found a way to do that in Cubase. Using tempo track didn’t work, it just changed the tempo of the entire project, and I saw online that I need to use musical mode but I couldn’t find it anywhere (It seems it has been removed or buried deep within the settings).

What can I do? Is there a way to split them and put one half on 132 BPM and the other on 153?

Open the Tempo track and draw in a point that changes the tempo to what you wish. (There are a few options as to how the tempo will change but I think that you can figure that out).

Or view the tempo track within your project and do same.

Or you can use the tap tempo but one if the advice would probably be easiest for you.

Also make sure the tempo track is enabled of course.

1 Like

You may know this already, apologies if so …

if you have audio in the track the steps in this YouTube can be very helpful. I’ve been doing this for a long time (found it in some random printed tutorial), and it’s the only thing that works for me, ymmv! :blush:

1 Like

So your not using one project for one song?
An idea might be to actually make a dedicated project for this one song (copy the project file and delete everything but the song and its tracks), use the tempo track to create tempo changes, render the song (or its stems) and put them back into your original project.