How Do I Disable Vertical Line Mouse Cursor?

Hi,

Cubase 6.07 crashed on me last week and lost all my ‘Preferences’ (keyboard intact, though DV.)

In any case, since then, when the mouse cursor has this dreadful vertical line that, I guess is there to help me figure out my position on any track. I don’t want it. How do I get rid of it and just show the normal mouse arrow pointer?

TIA,

—JC

PS to SB doc writer: I did try searching the PDF, but for the 1,400th time, since the PDF can only search for the proper term of art, if you don’t know that correct term, it’s -often- pretty useless.

As always: in preferences…
Something like “select tool show additional info”…

And how should the doc writers influence the search function of your PDF reader? Not knowing correct terminology is mostly a problem…

Preferences>Editing>Tools>Crosshair Cursor>“Show Vertical Line”/“Show Horizontal Line” (deactivate them :wink: ).

THANKS!

And how should the doc writers influence the search function of your PDF reader? Not knowing correct terminology is mostly a problem…[/quote]

…assuming that wasn’t just an RTFM wind-up, the answer is: better indexing—which definitely takes time and effort. Back in the day, ‘Indexer’ was a job title one could apply for at any publishing house (Kurt Vonnegut has one of as a character in one of his early novels.) Pro indexers made -real- good money because it was considered valuable to look at the back of the book for ‘Vertical Line’ or ‘Mouse Cursor’ and refer to ‘Show Additional Info’.

Acrobat has the ability to make good indexes (you can add all the custom terms you want and they can be multi-lingual), but sadly most doc writers these days just hit the ‘Generate’ button and don’t bother.

I had -no- idea where to begin to look and I resent having to read through the entire ‘Preferences’ section to suss out something like this. Thank God for the interweb… and helpful people such as yourself. :slight_smile:

…but good indexes in the first place is always the best solution.

—JC

Funny. I didn’t see your reply until after I wrote mine to thinkingcap. For whatever reason, disabling ‘Show Additional Info’ did the trick as well.

Although I never woulda looked under ‘Crosshair Cursor’ for this either.

Thanks also!

—JC