How do I get Cubase AI 8?

Hi - I have Cubase AI7, which I got when I purchased a Steinberg UR28M, on my laptop. Is there a way to “upgrade” to AI8?

Thanks -

I think you’d have to buy some new hardware in which it is included. To date I haven’t seen a V8 of AI, and some of the bundles are including Elements. I don’t believe you can buy AI direct. You’d probably need to go for Artist or elements. Update from AI7 to Elements8 is cheap enough.

Yes, I think it’s stated somewhere that the AI versions are classed as part of the hardware bundle, in fact you’re usually directed to the specific hardware vendor for support. Of the versions I’ve seen over the years, the AI version is usually the LE version with a few small bits added on, but what it does do is give you a 50% discount on Elements, which IMHO is one of the best value deals there is, if you’re into Cubase as your main DAW.

I haven’t seen any mention of a Cubase Elements 8 though … still only CE7 in the online shop.

Hopefully it won’t be a problem getting AI8 when it is released, as my hardware vendor is … Steinberg!

I’ll look further into it, but I think I’d prefer the smaller footprint of AI on my regular old off-the-shelf laptop than Elements.