How do I get the cursor to stay where I stop it?

By using the nr pads:

Enter = Play
0 = Stop (stops where you are), Hit 0 again = Jumps to last started
Comma = Goes to project start

Yes. After you uncheck that preference, you hit Numeric Keypad “0” once and the Transport stops and stays where the Transport currently is. Hit “0” a second time and the Transport will return to where it was the last time you hit Play.

Two different, but very logical, functions for the same key. This assumes you have a numeric keypad on your QWERTY. If not, I would grab a bluetooth or USB numeric keypad for use with Nuendo. Just too useful to do without.

OK, i got it to work. This is so great. Wish I would have known about this behavior a long time ago. Nuendo is so “deep.”

Negative fo rme. I load up a file plant the cursor somewhere into the song, hit ENTER to play. Hit “0” to stop and cursor jumps to beginning of the file. Repeat the process and this time the cursor stays where I stop. This is really irritating.

Found a thread that said to right click the stop button in the transport control. I see the check boxes and I have unchecked both of them and it s just ignores that setting.

Help! This is ruining my workflow.

Years later, but thank you for this!

no worries!

Just to confirm, with “Return to start position on stop” in preferences unchecked, (and without setting up any key commands), here’s what happens:

When event is highlighted and you hit play, it plays. When you hit stop, it goes back to beginning of event.

When event is not highlighted and you hit play, it plays. When you hit stop, it stops where you are, and if you hit play again, it starts from there. But, if rather than hit play, you hit stop, playhead goes back to where you most recently started and stops there.

Exactly the answer I came here looking for. As you say, with “Return to Start Position on Stop” toggled off but with a Marker selected (so Description/ID/Start in the status line at the top left), hitting Space during playback would return me to the Marker; when I clicked away from any specific object (so I had “No Object Selected” in the status bar at the top), play stopped where it was, which was what I wanted to do.

Many thanks :slight_smile:
Al