How do I have 2 VST instruments in one staff

@ed_buller I know you’ve done a lot of work on playback templates with multiple libraries… I am curious how you lay out scores these days.

Do you use a typical orchestral score, with one Dorico player per instrument, and then use this multiple voices technique for different sample libraries? e.g. you have a single Violin 1, with one voice dedicated to VSL, another to BBC, etc.

Or does each sample library have its own Dorico player? I imagine the templates would get huge that way if so…

I use a standard layout. I use popovers to switch articulations and libraries. Works perfectly

best

e

Thank you!

Do you have one library mapped to each technique, so arco is VSL and pizz is BBC? Or custom techniques so you can “VSL pizz” and “BBC pizz” as needed?

I guess the instruments are all in VEP under different MIDI channels? Because to my knowledge, playing techniques are based on MIDI channels, CC, or keyswitch, not loaded instruments… so the only way to select from multiple instruments on a single staff is via channels.

You can use popovers to change midi channel and program. So as I use VSL ensemble that gives me a large selection. I have about 20 long bows and 30 short bows that I can access this way. You also have the length of the note ( up to five ) so I have sub categories of this too. So there’s 4 separate libraries I use for DIVIS. If I get the V1 to play a triad it will be sent to Spitfire Chamber for instance

best

e