How Do I Import My Cubase 7.5 Settings Into 8.5?

Title says it all. I can’t believe that Steinberg could be so effing stupid that you would have to go and manually transfer your Key Commands, Presets, Templates, and other personaized settings.

I mean, when you think about it, one shouldn’t even have to import anything. It should just be done during the install.

But it wasn’t done during install. Thus my question.

Hi,

If Cubase 7.5 has been installed on the same system (to be exact, the Preferences folder is available), then the Preferences is over taken from Cubase 7.5 to Cubase 8.5 during the very 1st start of Cubase 8.5 automatically.

Hi Martin. Thanks for the response, but I think I made it pretty clear that nothing was transferred, including the preferences. And frank;ly, my preferences are the least of my worries.

I’m far more concerned about my Logical editor presets, my project templates, macros, and other thing of this nature that I actually put a lot of work into creating.

And since the unfathomably thoughtless way Steinberg chose to store these things, presets, templates etc, by having multiple locations for the same things (i.e. 2 templates folders, 2 presets folders etc.) it makes manually copying a real drag.

I mean, why on Earth would Steinberg have a Project Templates folder in the Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 8.5\ directory and another Project Templates folder in the C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 8.5_64\ directory?

As far as I can tell, all the content that is USER CUSTOMIZABLE is either ridiculously complication to locate, or is downright hidden.

It’s utterly bizarre.