How do I include same kind instruments within a brace?

In Engravings Options, the Braces are set to place Same Kind of Instruments within a bracketed group. This s done correctly for the horns, but not for the trumpets. Why is that?
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 09.00.47.png

Forgive the stupid question, but are the trumpets both the same kind as each other? (i.e. were they created using the same choice in the popover? do they have the same transposition?)

Ah, that is where it went wrong, thanks, Daniel. I didn’t realize this because I imported this score as XML. Btw, I don’t see a Bb trumpet with keysignature in the list, why is that? Thanks.
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 05.17.11.png

It’s there in the English language version, but the order of the trumpets in B and Bb is a bit weird IMO.

(I don’t think I’ve ever seen “trumpet in B natural” in a score - but better to have too many keys for natural brass instruments than too few IMO!)

Maybe something got lost in translation, if “B” = “B flat” in Swedish?

My computer is set to English (because I am from Holland, My Swedish isn’t that well…). I don’t see the list you have though. Dorico is set to English.
I see the B flat trumpet with key signatures in the Trumpet 3 section, but that’s not correct, 'cause this is for trumpet 1/2 and trumpet 3. The score looks like this if I use that instrument:
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 07.44.28.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 07.47.36.png

Andre,
This is what I think has happened to you:
When you edited the instrument names, you selected ‘Save as default for instrument’ (or you’ve done it sometime in the past). This means that ‘Trumpet in Bb’ does not exist anymore, only ‘Trumpet 3 in Bb’. You’ll have to select trumpet 3 → Bb , and rename it to Trumpet 1/2.

Yes, I did that indeed this morning, I thought I was supposed to do that, but apparently, I broke something here… Is there a reset button :wink:
I will see if I can get things back to normal again.

Somehow, my flutes are in the fretted instrument section, how do I bring them home to the woodwinds again?
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 14.48.43.png

So now they can finally play in tune? :laughing:

I was able to fix it, somehow the flutes were renamed as percussion. I was able to locate them by loading the out of place instruments and checking which samples were being loaded in Hallion.

/viewtopic.php?t=103604#p571747

Try this. I’ve just found it works for myself, but I’m glad to see that that was Daniel’s suggestion last time this cropped up.

That’s a hard one to find…

Dammit. I don’t know how to link to other posts!

Mac only: By the way, the tilde (~) in ~/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico is important. From Finder (your desktop or whatever) you want the Go menu, Go To Folder. Default keyboard shortcut (from Finder) is Shift-Cmd-G. And then copy and paste the folder location above.

Thanks, that fixed it.

No, they just play fretfully.

:unamused: