How Do I Install Cubase 6.5 on a second computer

Hello,

Can someone please explain how to install and register Cubase 6.5 on a second computer and use it with my USB Dongle? Currently receive a message that says the software is already installed on another computer. I only want to use it on one computer at a time so did not think it would be an issue.

Thanks.

Hi,

Just install Cubase on the second computer and connect the USB-dongle to the second computer.
You don’t need to activate the license again as it is already stored in the dongle.

Thank you for the quick reply.

It was installed on a new computer and the dongle was plugged in but receiving the message that the software is already installed on another computer. I will give it another try though.

Thanks.

What version of Cubase? If you are using a version with the soft license then the process is different.

I think I figured out the problem. I installed the version 6, but the license on the dongle is for 6.5.

To install the 6.5 version that I now have burnt on a DVD as a backup, do I have to install version 6 first, or I can I just install version 6.5 without first installing version 6 and then updating it?

Thanks.

No, that won’t be it - the license for 6.5 is also license for 6.0. More likely you need to install the latest version of eLicenser Control software. Can be found here.

IIRC, 6.5 is an update on 6.0, so that needs to be installed first.

I will try the latest version of the eLicenser Control software.

Thanks.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Installed the 6.5 update on top of version 6 and it works now.

Cheers!