How do I know which 3rd party plug ins are causing another plug in to crash?

Hi to the forum,

I recently posted that I had two synchron players, harp and piano, crashing each time I start them up as standalones, or use them in cubase 11. VSL support have advised me to check that all 3rd part plug ins are up to date, as this could be the problem. I found a post on this forum which suggested to take the vst 3 common file away [I put it somewhere else], start up Cub and then close, put the folder back in the common files and then start up Cub again. But this did not fix it. How do I find out which 3rd party plug in could be causing the other vsl plug ins to crash?
One of the main vsl players - the Synchron player, also kept crashing, but I went and downloaded a previous build - about two builds back, and it didn’t crash after that, when I opened it in cub. or as a standalone.
Thanks if anyone has some ideas here.

Hi,

If Cubase crashes, you can attach the *.ips/dmp file here. We can have a look in, to see, where the crash happened.

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Or you can use the binary search method to find the faulty plug-in.

Hi Martin,

thank you for your reply. I found the crash dump files and have attached them. There is a couple of them that are not from this year, but I thought I would add them just in case they may shed some light on what is happening.
Thanks, Steve
Steve Martin Cubase crash dump files.zip (1.1 MB)

Hi,

The crash points to the Vienna_Synchron_Player_Surround in this case.