How do I make the mute and solo butttons of a midi track apply it to its connected instrument track?

How do I make the mute and solo butttons of a midi track apply it to its connected instrument track? As I am using VEPro I use midi tracks connected to their vst tracks but the solo and mute buttons do nothing. I have to scroll to the related rack output track to control things like volume, mutes and solo.

Is this standard behavior? How can i change this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

If you are using multi-outputs, then the Solo/Mute in the Project window solos/mutes the MIDI track. The Solo/Mute button in the MixConsole solos/mutes the Audio Return Channel.

1 Like

Hmm okay. Is there a shortcut for going to the corresponding output of the selected midi track?

Hi,

If you are using multiple-outputs, you can set the relevant output in the Inspector (when you click to the Instrument name tab) in the Output tab. This will not select the Audio Return Channel in the MixConsole, but in the Inspector of the Project window, you can see the relevant Audio Inserts, Sends, EQ, etc.

Thanks for your replies. I do know about the Audio Fader/Sends/Inserts in the Inspector. The thing is, when I was just using instrument tracks, i could solo a folder with instrument tracks to just listen to those. But because I’m now using midi tracks with multi-outs, i’d have to scroll to the outputs to solo it. Just that extra step that annoys me.

Hi,

You could also Solo Defeat all Audio Return Channels to make sure, the signal always pass thru, if you Solo the MIDI Track.