How do I open Wavelab without loading plugins?

I can’t work now because a plugin is holding me hostage.

I need to open wavelab without loading the last used plugins.

Does anyone know?

thanks,
~Jay

PG will know for sure but you could start by deleting the general.dat in your WaveLab preferences folder.

On Windows, preference files are stored in the following location: “\Users<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 10

I would make a back up this entire folder first in case you need anything, and it’s hard to know how many special settings you have made and/or care about, but deleting the General.dat file and/or the Startup.ini should clear things up.

Worst case scenario, with the program closed you can delete the entire content of the Preferences folder but again, it’s hard to know how many special settings you have made and/or care about losing.

Having a backup of this folder would allow you to safely repopulate the Preferences folder with key commands and other settings once the issue is cleared up.

wow! that seems pretty extreme. Maybe I’ll try uninstalling the Slate VMR first.

thanks,
~Jay

Yes, you could navigate to your plugins folder and delete the known problem plugin to see if that helps WaveLab ignore the problem and open up.

In general, I think it’s smart to use the Global Master Section setting that doesn’t load the last used setting and opens with a clean chain but your workflows and needs may be different.

Is the problem plugin loaded in a montage? Or in the Global Master Section?

FYI - Uninstalling VMR solved my problem.

Do I dare trying to install the Legacy version? haha

In general, I think it’s smart to use the Global Master Section setting that doesn’t load the last used setting and opens with a clean chain but your workflows and needs may be different.

Is the problem plugin loaded in a montage? Or in the Global Master Section?
[/quote]

How do I change the global master section setting?

The problem has been removed… it was the Slate VMR in the Master section.

~Jay

never mind… I found it. For those who don’t know, it’s not in the preferences, it’s in the Master section settings.

thanks for the tip!

~Jay

Check the screen shot: