How do I re-record an existing audio track on a new track?

Hello,
I’m working with Cubase Essential 5, and I would like to re-record an existing audio track on a new audio track. For example, let’s say on track 1 I have an audio recording (vocals). Next, I add some reverb to this vocal track by inserting a reverb effect. Now, I want to re-record this vocal track (with the reverb) on track 2. I cant seem to get track 2 to record the playback from track 1. I’m new to Cubase, so I’m sure I’m just missing something very simple, but any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

There are several ways you could do this. You could just freeze the audio track and then import the frozen audio file into the project. You could do an export of the track and import that audio file. In order to “bounce” that track to another track with the effects I THINK you need to route that audio track to a group channel and then route that group channel to another audio track. Make sure you are checking the “Input” and “Output” for the channels and tracks in the inspector.
HTH
J.L.

Not available in Cubase Essential 5.

THANK YOU!
thinkingcap- i guess I’ll need to upgrade if i want to bounce the track. Thank you!
jaslan- the frozen audio file makes perfect sense. That will do for now until i can upgrade. Thanks for the idea!