How Do I -Really- Close the Basic CD Files?

This may be a total noob question but…

When I have the Basic CD Window open, then close it, the files in the window still seem to be ‘open’.

IOW: If I then open one of the files for editing and try to save it, I will get a ‘file cannot be saved’ error.

So when I close the Basic CD Window it’s not really ‘closing’ the Basic CD file. How do I -really- close it?

Also: in WL4, I could click on a file in the Basic CD window and edit the component track files. I don’t seem to be able to do this directly in WL7. Is there a new method for this?

TIA,

—JC

How do I -really- close it?

Try to click on the “New” button in the Basic Audio Window, rather than closing the window.

Also: in WL4, I could click on a file in the Basic CD window and edit the component track files. I don’t seem to be able to do this directly in WL7. Is there a new method for this?

Double-click in the Length field, in the Basic Audio CD tree.

You da man.

FWIW… I know this is ancient history, but liked it better as it was in WL4… where you could keep the Basic CD open, but the actual audio files were not ‘open’.

I see there is a List Open Files command on the menu. I think that either the audio files shouldn’t be considered ‘open’… OR they should display as ‘open’ in this command.

Thanks,

—JC