How do I record sounds from my PC going through my Komplete Audio 6 soundcard into Cubase?

I want to record sounds from my PC going through my Komplete Audio 6 soundcard into Cubase. How do I do this? Is the PC routed to a specific channel? I can monitor the sounds through my soundcard but I don’t know how to set up the routing. Please advise.

Hi,

• Set the ASIO Driver in the Studio > Studio Setup > Audio System to the NI Audio Kontrol ASIO Driver.
  • Set the Audio Connections > Inputs to your wanted Inputs.
  • Add an Audio track.
  • Make sure the input is selected properly.
  • Hit Record.

Do you mean you are trying to record say YouTube or something g similar? If so does your audio interface have a control panel you can loop back to an input? This is what I do with my rme interface.

Yes, but which input to use for the PC sound? The PC is connected with the USB connector and the inputs available in NI Komplete Audio are inputs you add to the soundcard (Synths, effects etc.). Other soundcards have something like direct monitoring input but not Komplete Audio.

Hi,

What do you mean by the “PC sound”, please? Where does it come from?

From the PC!
If I have local music files on my PC, I can hear them through my Komplete Audio interface. So how can I record this directly into Cubase. The sound comes at Stereo out 1 and 2.

Smokey Joe, there is always the simple connection: headphone out (stereo) to a split tip/ring (stereo) Y cord into two channels of your interface that is set up to record the two tracks.