How do I reduce volume of all tracks when I have automation?

My pre-master song is hitting at 0DB and even hotter. I need to get it down to around -6dB-ish before I send it to the mastering engineer. Unfortunately, I can’t just highlight all the channels in the mixer console and pull all the faders down because I have automation on quite a few tracks. So what is the right way to bring the song down by about 6 dB without having to go through and mix everything again? Someone told me I can just pull down the master fader, but that doesn’t work because the signal still arrives at Ozone at 0DB or hotter. Thanks in advance for your insights. This is an ongoing problem I need to solve

You can add a VCA fader and link it to all the tracks, then bring it down to a desired value - all automation will be preserved.

1 Like

Other way to go could be to pull the master fader down 6db and use Ozone as a post fader insert on the master channel.

1 Like

Or, suspend Automation, select all the Channels you want to lower and Quick Link them. Then lower the Level in the Pre section for the Linked Channels. Un-link the Channels and un-suspend the Automation. This does assume you aren’t automating your Pre Levels for some odd reason.

How about just lowering the Pre-Gain on the Master Channel?

1 Like