How do I Transpose in Score Editor

Two questions: When i click on VST instruments nothing happens Also how do i transpose in the Score Editor?When i click on VST instruments nothing happens Also how do I transpose in the Score Editor
Thank you,
best Regads

(of topic)… if you could find out why your post created this long blank space, and correct it, that would be a help, thanks :wink:.
Transposing in the Score… lots of ways (same as transposing in any of the other MIDI Editors)…
a) I have always found the most intuitive to be the Transpose palette of the Editor window’s extended toolbar. (So, I’m guessing you can’t see it. Just right-click in a blank space of the extended toolbar, to customize what is visible there… click on “Setup”, at the bottom of the dropdown menu, if “Transpose Palette” isn’t already visible in the list)

b) MIDI menu>Transpose Setup

c) Select the notes then drag them up or down

d) Select the notes then change the (relative) value that you see in the Info Line

e) etc. :wink:

When i click on VST instruments nothing happens

Need more details. (e.g. where are you clicking, and what are you expecting to happen?)

Hi Victor,How are you buddy? Long time no hear.
I’m trying to assign a VST instrument to a Midi channel When I go to Device menu click on VST instruments and click on it the VST instrument menu does not appear.
This is what i meant.
I would like to transpose to specific keys in the Midi Score Editor and have Cubase tell me which keys i’m transposing to
Thank a lot
Steve.

No VSTi rack? That isn’t normal… I’d suggest rebuilding Cubase’s Preferences…
For PC…
https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=2022&tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[article]=224&tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[]=&L=1&#2
For Mac…
https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=2022&tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[article]=223&tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[]=&L=1&#2

I would like to transpose to specific keys in the Midi Score Editor and have Cubase tell me which keys i’m transposing to
Thank a lot
Steve.

Are you talking about actually transposing the MIDI notes (see above), or just transposing the display of the notes (e.g. for transposing instruments such as clarinet etc.)?

Hi Victor ,thanks for the reply
I have 10 midi piano solos And i want to transpose them all to different keys.
I would like cubase to visually tell me which keys im in once i transpose them i would like to tranpose the notes
Thanks so much,
Steve

No, Cubase can’t tell you “what key you are in”. (how is it supposed to know if you have deliberately played notes that don’t actually “belong” to a particular key?)
Do you know what key(s) your piano solos are in (before starting to transpose them)? Without knowing that, you can still of course transpose them by a certain number of semitones, but, if you didn’t know the starting point, how could Cubase possibly transpose it to F#, for example? (if you had started in C, that would be up 6 semitones, but if you had started in Eb it would be only 3 semitones).

As regards “guessing” the current key in the Score Editor, I’d recommend the following…
In the Staff Settings dialog, slowly scroll through the available key signatures, and observe when the staff is showing the least number of added sharps or flats in the score itself (as opposed to the key sig at the beginning of the line).

EDIT Sorry I hit “submit” before I had finished typing :blush: :slight_smile:

Hi Vic,
Thanks for the reply.okay then if it’s not going to work i’ll have to count by the semi tones.Thanks
On a different subject you know I was always hoping you would do a tutorial on the Logical editor
Any chance you might??
Thanks,
Steve

It’s a vast subject, and life is too short :wink:. There is plenty of stuff out there already anyways :wink:.

The best way, is to look at existing Logical Editor presets, try changing certain parameters, and see how it affects the result.

(can you please edit your original post, and delete all that blank space? Thank you :slight_smile: )

HI Vic Thanksfor the reply will do thanks