How do I uncoupled linked MIDI tracks?

Hi, I’m working in the key editor and inadvertently ‘linked’ a few MIDI tracks such that when you change the notes in one track, the same changes occur in the other (linked) tracks. Needless to say, I don’t want this to happen.

Any ideas as to what’s going on and how to fix it? It’s driving me nuts… :confused:

Hi,

It sounds like a shared copy, to me. Can you see = icon in the top-right corner of the MIDI event (see attached screenshot, please)? If yes, then this is shared copy. The shared copy event behavior is like this. If you change something in the shared event, it changes in all shared copies automatically.

To make a share copy of event: hold Alt+Shift during copying the event.

If you want to “un-share” one of the MIDI event, you have to copy it (with Alt only). Then this new copy is not shared. Then just replace the old shared copy by the new copy.

I hope, this helps.
Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 11.15.57.png

Hi Martin,

Your description is exactly right! I must have copied some tracks with Alt-Shift rather than Alt-Control by mistake. I wasn’t aware of shared copies until your post – it’s a really useful function (when applied intentionally :wink: ).

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain things – I really appreciate it.

Cheers…

Super useful because I have learnt how to use shared copy!