How do u turn on the little track meters

hey you lot, luvin the way cubase 6 looks but I dont understand why these little track meters arent working. Does anyone know if there is a setting I need to turn on in preferences to get them to work like previous versions. You’ll see what I mean in this picture if someone wants to help. Thanks

here a screen shot pointing to the meters that seem to be inactive

http://img01.imagecanon.com/img.php?view=e0da739cfab33152bb6ed93684dcbf55

You’ve set up your meters to fade to black at the bottom & therefore your track meters are all black.

Next version implements a change so the upper colour will be used for the track meters…until then change your colour scheme to have a lighter colour at bottom.

Thought it might be something simple, well done for spotting that…thanks

What I do now is to add a node and drag it to the very bottom. Set this to the color you want the meters to be. Then, take your black node and drag it so the bottom color line disappears but you still have one or two clicks to get to the bottom. The result will let you see the bottom node color in the track view but in the mixer you will only see black at the bottom.

Thank you, CinStudios, for that tip :slight_smile:… it would never have occurred to me to try that… excellent! :slight_smile:

We are all here for each other :slight_smile:

Indeed :wink:

What I do now is to add a node and drag it to the very bottom. Set this to the color you want the meters to be

Whoa…it’s possible to add nodes??

How do I do this…I’ve tried & am stumped.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just found this:

<click + alt> add a breakpoint
<click + ctrl> remove a breakpoint
focus next breakpoint
<tab + shift> focus breakpoint
move focused breakpoint up one unit
move focused breakpoint down one unit
<arrow up + shift> move focused breakpoint up ten units
<arrow down + shift> move focused breakpoint down ten unit