How do you import a MIDI file correctly into Cubase 5 ?

After I import a midi file which I created via Guitar Pro etc. if I want it to play on Cubase 5 with Halion One etc. I see that Cubase 5 don’t recognise any midi massages. So although I can hear all instrument techniques like bends, slides, etc. when I play midi files on Winamp, Windows Media player, etc. on Cubase 5 I can hear only notes without any change. Please give me an advice about this problem !!!

Works fine here. I just drag and drop a midi file on a new Cubase projet and everything works. Sounds like you may have some sort of preferences set wrong somewhere…

have a look in the MIDI List editor in cubase what kind of events you have there …

it might be that the Instrument you selected (HalionOne etc) does not support all the midi events/messages your midi file has, not all samplers/instruments respond to Pitchbend, Aftertouch, ChannelPresure etc …

i always use File>Import>MIDI File and then go immediately to the list editor to get rid of unwanted messages … a lot of times Programms that export MIDI files save Programm Change messages into the file which you probably want to get rid of right away, unless you are using a GeneralMIDI compatible sound source.

hope this helps …

They should stop doing this as it confuses a lot of peple but; Preferences / midi filter and untick the sysex filter which is on by default.

@MTP, what version of Guitar Pro are you using? When you created the track in GP, were you using RSE?

I think the problem is that RSE sounds are optimised for guitar playing techniques, and if you import with the default settings into Cubase 5 you’ll get HALion tracks created, and some of these instruments won’t respond in the same way to e.g. pitch bend, so you won’t hear string pulls etc.

That only affects recorded MIDI; the OP has imported a MIDI file, not recorded MIDI. We also have not yet established that there is any sysex in the MIDI to begin with.

Sorry… Although I applied all you wrote but nothing has changed… My carrier as a musician nearly finished :frowning:

Try setting the imported MIDI track output to a different VSTi, one that responds to MIDI Pitch Bend.