How do you make a ghost part or instance

I thought it used to be ctrl-alt drag - so that you could instance a section of midi data. I thought it was called a ghost part or a part instance. I can’t figure out how to do it anymore. Part instances are better than copies everywhere. How is this achieved? Thanks - :slight_smile:

Alt/Shift drag, if memory serves. One of those things that should be in the menu if you ask me.

if a ghost part is copied using the stand ‘alt+drag’ method.

is that part still an ORIGINAL ghost part and subject to changes made to the initial part ??

just realised how complicated that sounded !!!

:open_mouth:

This is not Alt/Shift, this is Alt+Shift.

is that part still an ORIGINAL ghost part and subject to changes made to the initial part ??

Yep. Drag Alt Shift works. Older versions of Cubase used to show the ghost part in italics. It doesn’t anymore. Instead it shows an equals sign at the top right of the part in the timeline. Works great. Any change made to any instance is reflected in all instances.

Thanks guys.

hi, is there any way to to do the same with automation, as I see it can’t be shared (just linkable, copyable) :S

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no “ghost automation” option. If you use ghost part, the automation is copied too. But if you change the automation of one part, the second one is not changed.