How do you put one cord diagram in score with out activating the rest

how do you put one cord diagram in score with out activating the rest

If you want other staves not to show chord symbols globally, do that by right-clicking the relevant player in the left panel of Setup mode - you’ll find that a context menu appears with a Chord Symbols section that’s fairly self explanatory. Note that this menu is player-specific; you may need to go through it multiple times for multiple players.

If you want to input a specific chord symbol locally, use Shift-Q to open the chord symbol popover, then type Alt-L to switch to local mode. It’s Alt-G to switch back to global mode. Alternatively you can type Alt-Enter rather than Enter to confirm the popover.

thanks for that

i was trying to input one cord diagram not cord symbol ie cord symbol then cord diagram under symbol just once not for whole score

Unfortunately this is not easily possible at the moment. If you really do want to show only one chord diagram in the whole project, your best bet might be to make an SVG using the graphic slices feature in Engrave mode, and then import that into a graphics frame that you position appropriately once you’ve completed the rest of the project.

Daniel and other knowledgeable folks, how do I hide chord diagrams in the full score (while still showing chord symbols above the top - [guitar] - staff), when I want the diagrams to show in the individual guitar part?

That’s a bit tricky to do automatically, I fear, but you can do it relatively easily by going to the layout in which you don’t want the chord diagrams to appear, select one chord symbol, then use Edit > Select More to select all the others, then activate the Show only property and set it to Chord Symbol, which will hide the chord diagrams.