How do you rate the SB tech support?

Hi guys,

unfortunately we are a bit behind answering email support requests.
This due to vacation reasons and we are now answering emails from the 20th of may.

Be sure that every email will be answered and so I can only ask for your patience.

My colleagues will answer today or lately tomorrow your requests.

Just an additional information to the US- Support, Australia and World Wide:

These guys are often in a direct email conversation with us (Steinberg HQ) and this why it takes time to get an answer or another reply from them.
So, we here in the Steinberg HQ have to answer the email support requests directly at us AND we have to support our colleagues world wide as well if they come to a situation, where they need HQ support as well.

So I need again to ask for your patience and hopefully we will get faster in the near future.

At this moment I apologize for the 14 Days of waiting on a reply from us.

Best regards,

Marcus

Hi Marcus, thanks for the clarification. I finally got an answer, but it just suggested to trash the preferences…but, obviously, I had already tried that before to contact the support :wink:

Hi there,

maybe you should have add this information in your request as well (that you have already trashed your preferences).

:wink:

Best regards,

Marcus

Marcus, considering that there is sometimes a delay for support replies, wouldn’t it make sense for the support people to include the boilerplate info about trashing prefs, but to then go on to the next troubleshooting step in the same email?

You know, like, Trash prefs etc., then if that doesn’t work, check if , or do .

Sure they do. They get back to you by email at first. If it’s something they can help with, like tutorial stuff they do it right away. If a call is needed they set up an appointment with you to talk on the phone or do a screen sharing session.

While it’s not all wine and roses let’s do keep things factual.

That is true. As is this:

Cheers.

Thanks King Solomon! :slight_smile:

local support-- always very responsive (usually within hours) and helpful, albeit not always successful.

steinberg support-- lacking, no response or a reply in the form of an explanation why the request had been incorrectly reported in the first place, followed with no actual help.

You are welcome!

Now back to the mine!

:laughing:

I guess I’m old fashioned. I like to use the phone to make a call…I don’t even like texting! When I call Universal Audio a pleasant woman actually answers the phone! Heres the deal…you explain you need technical support and she transfers you to another pleasant gentleman who listens to your problem in more detail. Then usually he gives a solution! It’s an amazing procedure that actually works in all my years with UAD. Most of my issues have been solved within 5 minutes…instead of the Steinberg USA way that takes days and sometimes weeks!

Yeah I know…Universal Audio isn’t Steinberg…Steinberg has more customers and more issues and and blah blah blah.

Tech support responses have been within 1 business day the 3 times I’ve contacted them, all in the last couple of weeks. I guess I got lucky, but I’ve been extremely pleased.

Recently moving from FL Studio, who have 2 or 3 techs answering questions on their forum daily, it appears that SB is probably not going to give that kind of support. But who does? I give FL a lot of credit for that. FL just didn’t suit the type of music I do, so it was time for a change. Liking Cubase a lot!

The thing is, if you are in the US or Canada you get support from a different office than if you are in Europe, and if you are in many other countries you get some kind of local support, that reading from this thread, is not worth the trouble to contact them.

US support answers within 24 hours. Where are you?

I am indeed in the US. I guess that explains it.

Other than for language reasons, why would it matter where the customer is located? Why not have just one tech support department for the entire world?

Yeah, it looks like they have a strange segmented arrangement with dealers and with who supplies support around the world.

Some companies do this. You can usually tell as the rep on the other end usually has an indian accent.

And the first thing they suggest is to uninstall and reinstall the application after deleting all saved projects and preferences.

“A tool that is made for everything is good for nothing.”

• some guy, possibly some girl, but most definitely deceased or well on their way out

After just upgrading from 6.5 to 7.0 last month, I opened a ticket about mixer 1 not saving settings. I received my first email within 12 hours and then the shocker was a follow up phone call the next day at my job updating me on the progress of my issue. So based on that experience so far, I’d say excellent.

It also costs money to hire all those employees to have that kind of support model. Most definitely all Steinberg products would cost possibly double to cover that cost. That’s why even the most insignificant UAD plugin costs $150.00 which is ridiculous! For what Cubase offers at it’s price point is awesome. I’ll take the slower but effective support model over the higher price tag anyday, thanks.

that is excellent (and unheard of).

I recently got a call from Steinberg support as well.
This was about 2 months ago now.
I can’t remember what the issue was on that one,
but I was certainly surprised.
Oh yea, it was about my Portico plugin purchase and getting the installers.

I just issued a new support ticket and got a response within 2 days.
The response didn’t help but at least they are there trying.

I give them a strong 7 out of 10 on the support vote.

The only other companies I have to compare them to is Universal Audio and Intel.
UA has the best customer support around.

Intel doesn’t even need customers anymore…

I bought an Intel motherboard that died upon updating the firmware.
Checked the forums and many, many people had the same exact issue.
Intel basically said “Tough luck people.”
Wouldn’t even take it back…
It is sitting in a box waiting to be blown up on the forth of July. (Not Kidding)