How do you turn off a plugin instead of bypass in 6.0.5?

Fredo, just to make one more reason as to why this is necessary. I use UAD plugins in all my sessions and bypassing them does not remove them from the UAD resources*. Turning them off does however.

*I believe there is a UAD preference that determines this behavior, but I prefer to work the way I am. I find it more stable when bypassing.

umfutu, it is working here in 6.0.5, sorry i need to update my signature to reflect Full Version i am using … what i am not sure about is if it is really turning it Fully Off … ??? it is doing the Same Thing as the Blue Button on the upper left corner of the PLugin … it is turning the plugin Black (not gray as the yellow button does, and not Colored as when it is active)

cheers

john

Hey Headlands,
It’s definitely not a PC only problem, as I’m on a Mac and it (obviously) doesn’t work for me.

In some ways this makes me feel a bit better, in that it must be a bug and not an intentional change.
Fredo, have you been able to get any official word on this?

Thanks!
Ben

I’m using OSX 10.8.4, Nuendo 6.0.5, Apogee Symphony sound cards, 16 gigs of ram, blah blah blah.

The new feature of buttons being highlighted when you mouse-over the insert in the mixer would allow enough room for the two buttons, like the old mixer. (one for on/off and one for bypass). Then we wouldn’t even need a modifier key to turn off an insert. Can we get this?

Also can we get the same mouse-over behavior on the sends?

Dean

AFAIK, no one has ever complained about any Nuendo feature that has been around for ages and requested that it should be removed. Most people ask for new features or improvements to new features. So I think the argument is NOT whether the plugin on/off button is necessary or redundant, rather the argument is why a feature should be removed in the first place. Why? Really, SB?

I’m sure I can represent lots of Nuendo users to thank SB for their magnificent efforts to make life easier for us, but eliminating features was never a part of our expectations.

Cheers

As I understand it, the missing buttons for plugins turning on/off was a trade-off because of space needed for the new mixer. I love that we have inserts and sends visible at the same time for every channel in a practical way. In 5.5 I had to switch between views constantly. I miss the on/off-bypass buttons but would happily trade for the way the mixer works now. And we do have the grey vs black visual for on/off-bypass.

But with this new mouse over behavior on the inserts we can have the best of both worlds. I don’t see that we need to have a trade-off anymore. So again, can we please get this back Steinberg?

Dean

Trade-off? Because of space? Can this be the excuse? I certainly hope not. Space was conquered half a century ago. It’s 2013.
Elimination of features, under any excuse, is just not acceptable IMO.

You’re absolutely right, especially in this case where we wouldn’t have to trade congestion and features.

Dean

1+

What a crazy idea with remove “off” function from mixer ?!?!?!?!?!?

Hi Time or Fredo,
Is there any official word on this?

Thanks!
Ben

I don’t get it!

We’re having an audio post application here that has had problems importing AAFs from some sources for years now, even a major new version does not bring the awaited cure and you are campaigning for a GUI change?

WTF?

I wish that there were “incredibly unhelpful” stickers we could give out on this forum sometimes.

Clearly both of these things need to be fixed. We should not have features removed anymore than we should have features that are not fully functioning. It’s not either/or is it?

Dean

Bump!

UAD users need this feature back pronto.

Well said.

f

Depends on your “normal” workflow. The button is there. I use it. A lot. Very frustrating when features are removed.

Mark.

Kind of off topic but related to features that have gone M.I.A…

Maybe what Steinberg needs to do is break the code into two versions.
One version for those that will have Nuage and one version for those that will not.

It seems like something is impeding the progress here.
I imagine something like this…
They probably get two steps ahead with the Nuage system code,
release an update and then have to back track to fix things that were either broken
or taken out all together to make the Nuage code work in the first place.
Fixing these issues then messes up some of the Nuage code and the cycle continues.

There are just too many things that should have been fixed by now.
(Shortcuts for the Mix Console, GUI issues, mouse wheel stops working, etc…)
Could it be that Nuage compatibility plus all of our requests for features are presenting big hurdles?
It seems like a strange juggling act from here.

I realize that having two versions of the code probably isn’t practical.
Just a guess though. I hope I’m wrong.

Heavens, no. One version of the code, that adapts. It’s bad enough that we still have NEK (which I am sure we were told a year or so back was going to disappear).

I just find it so frustrating that well-used features seem to disappear with each update. Make them an option, if you like, but don’t remove them. But, it has to be said, Steinberg are not alone in this. Frustrating.

M.

f