How do you use dual monitors and Cubase?

FYI: Pixel pitch =~ 0.23mm

Basically, its one of the 27" 2560x1440 stretched horizontally to 3440.

I’m not sure what that means, but the picture looks fantastic IMO. It’s working great in my setup so far.

I just put in the figure to help those who may want to compare how it looks with what they may be familiar. It is the same vertically as one of the many 27" 2560x1440 monitors, but stretched sideways to 3440.

And yes, it does look good!

And 2 x TB for Apple guys.

I am definitely loving the extra screen area over the 25" HP monitor I just replaced it with. :slight_smile:

Admit it. You’re just a pixel lover! :smiley:

Looks like you’ll have to move some speakers around, now that your new baby is spreading its girth.

I just want all my friends to have… pixel envy. :laughing: Ya, my Avontones are definitely going to have to me moved.

You might be surprised that some may not share the pixel fetish. When one of the musicians on our CD came over and saw my multi-monitor setup (when it was a lot more modest than later ones), he found it overwhelming - too much information. But then, they were used to a 800x600 CRT at the time.

I think there are two type of monitor users, namely those who:
a) only want to see what they are focussed on at the time.
b) must see everything they can to have the overview, but are able to instantly look at whatever details they want.

Of course, the a)s have much cheaper monitor setups, and the b)s are on a quest for the Holy Grail!

Last year I originally had two 23" monitors, but really missed my old 30" Apple cinema monitor, not to mention I found 2 monitors to be too long across for as close as I like to have them (bad 45 y.o. eyes). With 2 monitors side by side I also hated not being able to focus my eyesight dead-center. This new widescreen LG gives me the best of both worlds now.

The wider the viewing area, the more that the sides have to be angled inwards. When I had three 30" side-by-side with one up top in an inverted T, the outer ones had to be angled at 30o to the central one so that I was not dramatically refocussing all the time, and they were within my glass’s range.

When I got my 55" 4K, I got a curved screen for exactly the same reason. Plus TVs don’t have the off-angle colour accuracy that the 30" Dells had, and the curve reduces the off-angle at the edges.

Thank you ! Looking sooo goood.
I prefer mixer stretched almost to borders of screen. Half view is not what I like.

Interesting. Everyone seems to have come up with a favorite layout for all situations. Has nobody discovered the Workspaces feature (Window/Workspaces).

I have separate Workspaces for Recording (Project window/Transport controls on the main monitor and MicConsole/VST Instruments on the secondary monitor) and Mixing (MicConsole/Transport controls on the main monitor and Project window/VST Instruments on the secondary monitor).

Interesting…
I don’t like in Workspaces that Cubase don’t remerber them for all projects (old and newest). So, need to recall them in Wokplaces menu. Next thin MixConsole can’t remember my wokspaces settings. Oh dear. Too mutch time spending to place windows, stretching them, etc, etc…Maybe Cubase 8 will be better for that aspects of working ? Hope so.

+1. Need at least one in case the Windows monitor layout gets disturbed and all windows are rearranged, like happens if monitors get turned off in a multi-monitor setup.

Multiple workspaces are a must if pixel space is limited, just so you can do the optimal layouts for different workflows, like Svenne’s two.

How I use dual monitor?

Arrangement on “left” and “mixer” full view on “right-monitor”.

2x 30# HD monitor in 1920 x1080. :slight_smile:

Best Regards
Freddie

My issue is that my 2 30" apple displays are great, but for some reason, every time i start up cubase, the mixer has stopped showing on the other monitor, i need to actually open it and drag it across to the other screen :frowning: ugh|!

Try setting up a workspace with the all the windows as you want them. Just make sure that you save it as a global workspace, not a project specific one.

Then save this as a template, and use it whenever you create a new project.

That ought to solve your problem.

I just added a 4th Monitor to my set up.

A big 32" one near my 88 key piano, which is away from my mix station.

Otherwise, I have a big 29" one front & centre for the main tracking/editing window, and 2 smaller ones on each side.

The one on the left always shows my mixer - only.

The one on the right is for any VSTs.

The one by the piano will be for tracking when I’m there.

I have that app, but my desktop doesn’t have any wifi capabilities. So I am thinking of getting a PCIe wifi card. but I purposefully don’t have internet on my desktop (music/DAW) computer.
Anyhow, does IC Pro work to its fullest potential with ALL versions of Cubase? When ibwas still using my laptop for Cubase E8, I could not get the app to connect to my (ASUS X551M) laptop. Hopefully my desktop & current version of Cubase will??

Rather than add a WiFi radio stack to your computer, just get a normal WiFi router to which you connect your computer via wired Ethernet, using the router’s DHCP to assign IP address. You can then connect as many portable devices as you want, with Bonjour supposedly handling your devices and computer finding each other.

You don’t need to have the router connected to the internet via its WAN (Wide Area Network = internet) port, leaving your WiFi just allowing your local devices to communicate to your computer, and no more.

I dont know that i quite understand what you’re saying. I have a router for my Comcast/Xfinity, but that is in the living room. Do I have to route a coax all the way to my bedroom?