how does WL handle internal bit resolution vs. exported res

this is a question that relates to internal bit length handling and what happens on export.
example:
24bit source file>
put a bunch of plugins for processing (i.e. UA Massenburg EQ+Fairchild compression+Limiter)
(even without the plugins, just changing the volume of the file generates higher than 24bit readings on the bit meter for that matter)>
save processed file in 32bit floating>
analyze>
“apparent” bit resolution i.e.44bit (or higher/lower, but more than 32bit)

Q: if i wanted to save the processed file in 24bit format, would i need to dither down to 24bit?
or does WL internally process the mixdown without truncating the word length to 24bit, in which case dithering would NOT be necessary?

thanks

Q: if i wanted to save the processed file in 24bit format, would i need to dither down to 24bit?
or does WL internally process the mixdown without truncating the word length to 24bit, in which case dithering would NOT be necessary?

You need to dither to 24 bit if this is a “final” file. Else you better keep the file in 32 bit float.
WaveLab never does dithering behind your back. When WaveLab saves to 24 bit, the internal samples are always truncated without dither processing.

thanks.
that’s what i thought, but wanted to make sure.