How EXACTLY are you to install the "additional Content"

OK so i have seen other bit about this but no ones come right out and said it!

HOW DO YOU INSTALL THE VSTSOUNDS found in the additional content/ VST Sounds found in the installer?

I have tried everything… complete new install and everything in-between on this windows 8 machine

Bass amp says it can’t find reverb impulses. where is it looking ?

Thanks for any help

Regards

jaymo

Cubase 8 on Win 8.1

If I recall correctly, I THINK you can can copy/paste them into the relative folders at: c/users/your name/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase 8_64/Presets

Steinberg likes to chuck presets all over the place, you can use the media bay to find the relevant vst sound folders and put them there as well, good luck with it !

found the sound folder via media bay but put the sounds in and still not working :confused:

Try putting them in the app/data/roaming one. That’s a hidden folder so you’ll have to up hide it if you can’t see it

still nothing… it seems that the reverb in VST Bass Amp in cubase 8 is dependant on this impulse as there in NO reverb at all working in the effects chain.

Hi Jaymo

I had the same problem of Bass amp looking for a reverb impulse, I would suggest raising a support ticket with steiny as I have done, Luis Dongo has been kind enough to try help me with this, although we haven’t solved it yet. The reverence file is where it’s supposed to be but Bass amp can’t find it. Reloading C8 didn’t help, nor trashing press so…

Best Regards

Dave

Restarting the Cubase installation and activating the “install for anyone…” checkbox should solve the problem.

ok I’ve uninstalled Cubase reinstalled that ( no where did it ask “Install for anyone”)
uninstalled VST_Bass_Amp_Content reinstalled this did have the for everyone option

Still missing reverb impulse :confused:

Am i missing something ?

Just to try i let cubase install things where it wanted to , nota location of my choosing and still not working correctly :confused:

Hi Jaymo

Have you made any progress on this, Luis Dongo wanted to do a remote session but I haven’t heard back from him yet, it does seem to have something to do with permissions. When I first loaded C8 my SSD c: drive was unintentionally filled as the install was trying to put the VST sound files there, I have them on a separate drive and had to do a bit of jaggery pokery during the install to make room for C8 on the C: drive. I’m sure this has something to do with the problem. It’s not something that’s essential, I’ve not had the bass amps up to now and managed with others, but I’d sure like to try 'em☺

Best Regards

Dave

Hey Dave
no luck as of yet,
Im wondering though as you mention it. when i first installed cubase 8 i did it as an upgrade from 7.5 i was running Win 7 64bit. But as i read that the performance on Windows 8 was so much better i decided to install Win 8 on anther drive ( small SSD) just to see if that increase in performance was worth the step up to Windows 8. but due to the drive size i decided to put extra content on a separate drive. far as i can tell only Bass amp has the problem with additional content. everything else seems fine so my guess is its just something quirky with Bass amp VST- i wouldn’t really mind but when i load the couple projects I’ve used bass amp i get the damned annoying waring that it can’t find the file. even though the program installed it. so my gues its a bug in this plug in… not the end of the world but annoying none the less.
on the upside my findings are that 8 on my Win 7 machine performance was substantially better then 7.5 and 8 on windows 8.1 is better still with with average load slightly better but real time load reduced to almost nothing as compared 7.5 or 8 on win 7 so it does seem Win 8.1 is the way to go. so thats where im at now.

Hi again Jaymo

Thanks for the info, there’s been a thread about Windows 8 so it’s interesting that you say it’s better than win7. I’ve had few problems with C8pro so I’ll stay where I am for the moment, but it’s good to know. I’ll stay with the bass amp problem though.

Best Regards

Dave

Hey Dave,

I’ve redownloaded Cubase 8 and this time it was a lot faster then last and , everything went in as it should and everything working with no error and no missing impulses :slight_smile: i reckon something got corrupted in my download or when i un archived the zip file.

ill play a bit then post in the performance thread my findings between cubase 7.5 and 8 on win 7 vs Win 8

Hi Jaymo

glad you got it sorted, did you just uninstall C8, re-download it and then reinstall.? Did you delete anything else on the uninstall or???

Best Regards

Dave

Hi Jaymo

glad you got it sorted, did you just uninstall C8, re-download it and then reinstall.? Did you delete anything else on the uninstall or???

Best Regards

Dave

Just spent two separate team viewer sessions with Luis Dongo trying to sort this out (well done Steinberg) and finally on the third one we find that I just needed to do maintainence on my eLicencer. So if you have this problem it’s likely that this is all it is. It’s probably worth everyone doing a routine maintenance on their eLicencer anyway.

Best Regards

Dave

I have the same “Cannot locate Reverb Impule Response File” problem with the VST Bass Amp in C8Pro. I did the eLicencer maintenance as suggested by DaveAbbot, but it did not help. Then I uninstalled Cubase, downloaded the installation package again, and installed (including the 8.0.10 upgrade). The problem is still there. I have also tried doing a full rescan in the MediaBay.
My installation is C8Pro 64-bit on Windows 7 Professional SP1 with latest upgrades.

OMG, Steinberg … I finally solved the “Cannot locate Reverb Impule Response File” problem by discovering that it also exists a 9.1GB installation package for C8Pro, in addition to the (smaller) package that was linked to in my purchase order email.