How I register Cubasis 3

Hello everybody,

even though it looks somewhat futile to add to this thread, I just want to add my experience since I – like some others too – am stuck with a registered copy of Cubasis 2 after “upgrading” to Cubasis 3.

Things worked as expected and in the way Lars suggests for Cubasis 2. After “buying” RoomWorks SE within Cubasis 2, the software was correctly added to my MySteinberg account. Sadly, it stayed this way after buying and installing Cubasis 3 (on the same device, I should add) – and following the suggested move of purchases from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3. While within Cubasis 3, I can see an use RoomWorks SE, the MySteinberg account still shows a registered copy of Cubasis 2 instead of the expected Cubasis 3.

Since the discussion in this thread didn’t provide any solution or suggestion that worked for me, I had taken the liberty to open a support ticket. That was about a month ago, if I am not mistaken. Sadly, I haven’t received a reply from the Steinberg Support team so far … which I can understand up to the point that this is not an issue that keeps me from working, but it is slightly irritating.

It looks like this issue of Cubasis 3 not correctly registering with MySteinberg after upgrading from Cubasis 2 (and moving purchases to Cubasis 3) happens to affect quite some users. Itwould be highly appreciated if a way to troubleshoot this issue could be provided … in this thread or via Steinberg Support. If there are any questions, I would be glad to help finding the underlying problem.

Cheers,

Gunter

I have exactly the same problem:
Owned Cubasis 2, in which I had purchased plugins including Roomworks LE (registered)

Purchased Cubasis 3 and transferred over my plugins from Cubasis 2 and all now appear there under Shop as Bought or Registered (for Roomworks)

In MySteinberg I still only see Cubasis 2

I can see all my other Steinberg purchases (Cubasis 2, Cubase 11, Halion, etc etc) but not my copy of Cubasis 3

I have contacted support a while ago and I had an email message back that this would be passed to the engineers: but nothing has happened…

As evidenced from this forum, this is affecting many others

Can a statement be posted by Steinberg saying what is being done to resolve this matter and the planned date for resolution? If nothing is planned it would also be good to know why not and if it affects ownership

I am sure it would be much appreciated

Regards

Jim

1 Like

Hi jim.lowe,

Thanks for your message.

In MySteinberg I still only see Cubasis 2

Just to make things sure, you’ve unlocked RoomWorks SE from within the Cubasis 3 In-App Shop, via registering the app again?

Afterwards, you’re able to see Cubasis 2 only in MySteinberg, correct?

Thanks,
Lars

Thanks for getting back to me

I originally unlocked Roomworks (and purchased every plug in) in my cubasis2

When cubasis3 came out I bought it and transferred all plugins over from cubasis2 as instructed. When they ported over to cubasis3 all were showing “bought” and Roomworks “Registered” so there is no opportunity to register and unlock this in cubasis3

This is the same as for many others in the forum

In MySteinberg I can still see cubasis 2 but not 3

All my cubase products and hardware are there as normal

Regards

Jim

1 Like

Hi jim.lowe,

Thanks for the update!

When they ported over to cubasis3 all were showing “bought” and Roomworks “Registered” so there is no opportunity to register and unlock this in cubasis3

Without registering, the app will not appear in MySteinberg.
Shared this with our engineering.

Thanks again,
Lars

Hi

Any update on this?

Regards

Jim

I know the eLicenser issues will be most urgent, but I would appreciate any updates on registration of cubasis3 after this was passed to the engineers

Thanks

Over a year now and this is still an issue. Forget RoomWorks SE, that’s not the issue Steinberg, the issue is for those of us that registered Cubasis 2 to our Steinberg accts yrs ago then upgraded to Cubasis 3. We want to know how to register Cubasis 3 to our Steinberg account, that is all, has nothing to do with RoomWorks SE which was how Cubasis 2 was registered. We need a way to register Cubasis 3. I sincerely hope that this is finally clear enough of what the issue is. Regards.

1 Like

Likewise. Cubasis 3, Roomworks purchased etc, but My Steinberg only showing Cubasis 2 as registered.
The whole licensing game is tough enough without beloved Steinberg failing to take note of customers’ issues.
Hello? Anybody there?

Hi,
Exactly the same issue here. Bought and registered Cubasis 2 including every single plugin in the in-app store. Cubasis 2 shows on “My Steinberg” as registered.
Years later bought/upgraded to Cubasis 3. In the store, all plugins show as registered or bought, but on “My Steinberg” page only Cubasis 2 is registered.
All purchases made on and installed on iPad 2018 currently running iOS 14.6.
What shall we do to get Cubasis 3 registered to our accounts?

1 Like

Is there any update on registration of cubasis 3?

It has been over a year since this was raised

Many thanks

Jim

Hi!
I have purchased Cubasis 3 for Android, but I also have a registration problem.
I wanted to activate RoomWorks SE - I registered in the application and activated RoomWorks successfully. Unfortunately, RoomWorks is not active after restarting Cubasis. I have to go back to shopping and click ‘Free’ - it immediately appears that the product is registered and I can use it again.
I cannot see Cubasis 3 product anywhere on my Steinberg account.

Hello,

Im new to Cubasis 3 and I have the same issue with RoomWorks SE not being registered when restarting the program on my chromebook. Its using android 9 which should be replaced by 12 sooner or later. But else then that there isn’t much problem other then that and a few improvements needed.

1 Like

Hi,
I have only been a Cubasis user with Cubasis 3 for about a week or two now. I’m an android user and I took advantage of the summer sale and basically have gotten all the plugins. I did the registrations as instructed and between my phone and my tablet, all my purchases are synced seamlessly however I also don’t see my Cubasis 3 code to register to MySteinberg nor does it show up in my account licenses… should I also report my case in or is this an issue with every Cubasis 3 owner as I suspect?

1 Like

MySteinberg not does it show up in my account licenses to

and also RoomWorks and HALion Sonic Selection (Cubasis IAP)