So I install Cubase 10.5, and launch it for the first time. After activation, and then relaunching it, this is what happens:
- It needs to rescan plugins, but doesn’t find most of them
- The Hub isn’t showing any recent projects
- Some settings are different, so I…
- Open the profile manager and load my last Cubase profile
- Restart Cubase
- Now it finds the missing plugins (blacklist is different so some plugins need to be reactivated)
- The Hub still doesn’t show any recent projects
Is this normal? Is there a procedure for updating Cubase that I’m missing other than install the update?
Cubase has the worst upgrade experience of any DAW I’ve used (Studio One, Sonar, Reaper), by far!
How Cubase SHOULD update.
- I install the Cubase update
- All applicable settings, plugin folders, key commands, recent projects, profile stuff, etc. carry over from prior version
Is my experience typical?