How is the CC121 working with C7.5?

I’m relatively new to Cubase 7, and of course 7.5 (which is kinda new for all). But not to DAW’s and controllers.

How does the CC121 work in C7.5, in conjunction with the Track Visibilty function?

Does it work good with the new mixer?

I have understood that this only works with Cubase and Nuendo. Is that right?

It ignores the visibility in the mixer but it follows the visibility settings in the arrangement. So it skips all hidden channels in the arrangement.

It works quiet well with the mixer since one of the later 7.0 updates. The EQ knobs are still turned upside down but this has been the case since the CC121 was released.

It works with Wavelab and Reaper too. I’ve heard that someone made it work with Jack and Ardour under Linux but I’ve not tried this myself.

Thank you very much for answering.

Wouldn’t it have been better that it followed what you had visible in the mixer? Hmmm
I guess I have to try it out at my dealer.

With Reaper you can choose if the CC121 follows the mixer or the arrangement. Maybe there is a similar option somewhere in Cubase’s preferences but I haven’t found it.

actually CC121 Follow Project tracks drives me crazy… its very confusing for me when mixing… its kind of strange that reaper have more options than cubase with dedicated cubendo controller !!!
i didnt find any preference for CC121 follow Arr/MC too !
i wish steiny implement a quick “Follow switch” with button combination in CC121 or at least let CC121 follow window on focus.(MC or Projcet window)
this controller can do much more but its restricted unfortunately !

It works quiet well with the mixer since one of the later 7.0 updates. The EQ knobs are still turned upside down but this has been the case since the CC121 was released.

Shouldn’t a hardware mix controller follow the mixer? Pure logic to me!

They should really make this happen, especially after getting the track/channel visibility feature.
When the mixer is not “synced” with the track selection (project page), it should default to follow the mixer IMO.

I don’t think the CC121 will have a serious update before the next major upgrade, if at all.

+1 for following the mixer!

+1 for following the mixer. I also agree, darn strange that Reaper provides more usability with the CC121 than Cubase! I’ve had the CC121 for several years and really like it. Just getting ready to update to 7.5 (from 6.0…I know…taking my time) and hoping it works as well with 7.5.

I found that when moving up from 6 to 7 and 7.5 I started using CC121 even a lot more. the new MixConsole forced me to adapt my workflow a bit an CC121 just seemed to slot in there. No integration probs either using latest version of “Tools”

But how do you set it to follow channels on the mixer that are hidden in Folders in the Project window?

CC121 is AMAZING with Cubase 7.5 I wish it had some keys though.