How is the Coronavirus affecting your business?

The U.K.’s basically shut down. I started this week thinking I had five days’ work (for multiple organisations) in the diary, this week, and by Monday evening all of it was cancelled. April and May have already gone.

I’ve not heard from Holland America yet, but seeing as the cruise contract I was supposed to be working June-October was around Alaska (and regardless, US passengers will probably mostly be locked down) I strongly suspect that’s out. My partner was due to work the same contract.

I guess the Dorico community will have to put up with my unique style of grumpy helpfulness for a while longer :wink:

Very Sorry that this caused any frustration and anger. Its undersandable when your way of life and liveliehood has been ripped from beneath your feet.

I do believe this health worker is genuinly concerned for the people that will come under his care,as well as for his colleagues.
He just wants people to realise how fast and easily this awful virus spreads, even without people knowing!!! A huge number who could be taking more care are really not taking it seriously which is terrifying.

Social distancing is THE only solution. Nothing else slows and stops the spread. If we dont do it the consequences will be worse than we can imagine.

These health workers are literally putting themselves at risk to help get people better. People these workers have no association with; peoples mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters…

And alongside this is the awful fallout for disruption and end to countless busineness. It is awful. And its all because there is no current vaccine and people need to stop breathing each others air for a time in a new and extremely significant part of our human story.

We are literally all in this together.

Take care and find a way.

Hear, hear!

Typo removed. Spelling corrected. Everyone good now? :wink:

hmmm… I’m still disappointed in you…

:grin::sweat_smile::joy:

I’m a wedding musician here in Brazil, so this crisis is hitting me really hard (a lot of cancellations, suspensions and so on). A famous and rich “digital influencer” was infected in her sister’s wedding in the beginning of the month here in Brazil (a guest coming from Aspen was sick without knowing at the time), so even before the lockdown, people was asking for cancellations. I’m at home only working on music transcriptions (I’m also a copyst).

I’ve listened to the link. And it seems doctor Jack is at the end of his energy coping with this crisis. He just wants a bit of recognition for the people in the health services that are by the way saving your life when it comes to that?!

So I totally dig that!

I have the feeling that you feel very sorry for yourself and think that your (financial) crisis is worse that somebody else’s? But you’re wrong! Lots of people are barely coping at the moment. Me too! But at least I’m alive and healthy for the moment.

Your still healthy and not fighting for your life, are you? So get over it and deal with it! It’s just bricks and money you’re talking about! Not your life!
You’ll be amazed what you can achieve when you’re with your back against the wall and if you actually want to live? I’ve been there and I’m prepared for that again if necessary!

So stop whining about your situation and what you’ve lost and start looking for what you might gain from this situation!

Life is not only about security and mortgages! See it as new start. No home and no income. You’re totally free! You just need food and a place to sleep. And you’ll be amazed how basic life actual needs to be to be able survive? And how inspiring it can be to really start from scratch again?

Like I said, I’ve been there and I’m ready to go there again if necessary!

Just don’t go pi**ing on people like doctor Jack that only wants some recognition for the people that can save your life? Remember! If you get sick and doctor Jack is not there to help you, you’ll die!

And if all the money you have/had an/or the stones you had as a roof are gone? You might as well give it a try while your still alive in whatever circumstance you may get? You can always kill yourself if you can’t cope or don’t like it?

But if doctor Jack and his crew is not there to help you if you get sick? You’ll probably die? So again! don’t bite the hand that feeds you!

And always remember this! The worst thing that could possibly happen is that you die!

So? How? Is? The? Corona? Virus? Effecting? Your? Business? Question? Yourself? Much?

My last day of work was yesterday. Picking up my moving truck at 4 pm today. Thanks for the lecture.

Fair enough. I feel you need a soulmate that feels the same pain as you do?

As of next Monday I have no income and will be living of my savings that will get me going for maybe 1.5 max 2 months. If I don’t get income after that I’ll probably be in the same situation as you are? No home and on my own. But like I said, I’ve been in this situation for the duration of about 3 years before about 15 years ago.

I can tell you. The first few days it looks like life stops and your world has come to an end. So you can either leave it at that and die in some corner or you can try to want to survive.

Obviously I choose to survive. It took me a few years to get back where I am now. I was already skilled as an IT engineer so eventually I could get back via that track. So I’ve managed as a contractor until now? My outfall back then was related job loss and depression. It took me over a year to solve those issues and about the same time to fight my way back to where I am now.

You have a trade ‘machinist’. That will literally get you back on track once the Corona crisis has settled! After this we will need people like you again. So try to hang in there. And believe me, this is not the end of the world! This is just a setback that will be cleared soon!

So, they now work from Home.
or it just nice coincidence

^^^^^^^
LOL One does wonder??