How to add menus for the output buses to the Macro Page?

Hi

I’m trying to add to the Macro Page a couple of drop-down menus for selecting the output buses for certain zones but I don’t know how to do this. The “output bus” doesn’t appear in the Parameter List for the zones, so there’s no way I could drag it onto a drop-down menu in the Macro Page.
I suppose it should be possible because something like this is implemented in the B-BOX instrument.

Any suggestions?

One option would be to use Mixer Channel template. You should be able to choose output bus from there.

Another option would be to set the output by script.

Thanks a lot for the help, misohoza!

I tried the Mixer Channel template (the one that contains the slider, meter, pan and output channel selector) and it works. I just had to drag’n’drop the BusType parameter over the bus field (in the Template Parameter) and it worked. The thing is I don’t need this entire Mixer Channel template, I just need the output channel selector. I saw there’s also a Mixer_Output template which is just the output channel selector (exactly what I need), and I tried it, but it doesn’t work, and I’m not sure why. It seems that this template doesn’t have a bus field in the Properties, just a TargetBusses field. I tried to drag’n’drop the BusType parameter over that field but nothing happens.

What I found with the mixer channel template is that while you can use separate elements of it, it doesn’t work well. Same with the slider, when used on its own.

But you can start with the full mixer channel template and delete the bits you don’t need. So you are left with only the elements you want.

Not sure if it will work but worth a try.

Yes, I just tried that (deleting all the other elements of the full template and leave only the output channel selector) and it works perfectly so I will definitely use this method. I find it much easier than using a script. :grin:
But as you said, it’s really weird that if you use the separate elements (in my case the output selector template) it doesn’t work at all. It doesn’t make any sense. Maybe there’s a bug or something.

Again, thanks for the help! :hugs:

Maybe we are supposed to use the mixer channel template as is. And the separate elements are there simply because Steinberg used them to create the template.

There are few other examples where things work only with the provided template and cannot be used or created separately. Preset browsers, flexphraser preset selector…

Yeah, maybe that’s the case, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to provide elements with crippled functionality because it just confuses the users. Anyway, it seems to me there’s something like a hidden script embedded into the main Mixer Channel template which makes all its child templates function properly.